JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Rubicon, quite deal. It has skid plates under the transmission, transfer case and the gas tank. There is nothing under the oil pan. Is there one available and my jeep just does not have it or???????????

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah, for some reasons, they do not come with oil pan skid plates...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The answer to why is likely cost and weight- no need to add both when 95% of Wranglers will never need them.
Does that I mean I'm not getting one? Nope :) Better to have and not need is my philosophy :) Mark W.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have the skidrow skidplate

install was a breeze, and it is beefy as hell

Rockhard makes some

also Polyperformance probably makes the best ones on the market but they are pricey

Trek also makes some

there are a ton of choices

i suggest yo udo some research and read up on them online, and find the best one that fits your needs

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the Skid Row skid plate and is a good product. There are a few other manufacturers also that make great skidplate products also, but I was able to get the Skid Row one from a local business at a reasonable price after taking a look at it already installed on one of their Jeeps.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Im going to pull my oil pan and weld some 3/16 plate on it not the strongest but its better tan nothing for now and cheap :)
Thats a good idea, I landed on my oil pan up at john bull, made a nice dent. I have a replacement pan for it, Ill have to weld some steel on ot befor it goes on.:beer:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I haven't seem them for JKs, but they actually sell a oil pan with a skid welded the bottom for TJs. It would protect against little hits, but if the weight of the jeep is resting on it, it will still collapse the sides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts