JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive looked around on the internet for a few days but couldnt find anything. My 12 jk has sprung an oil leak. At first I thought it was just my axle but that issue has been fixed. It now appears I have an engine oil leak. I crawled under and realized that im missing a nut (fixed that) but im not sure if the oil was coming out from just that one area. It seems to collect the most at these two rubber plugs (I really dont want to call them plugs or seals since they have a hole in the middle) they are just aft of the oil pan. I included a pic. Anyone know wtf these are? I dont believe you 3.8 guys have these but I may be wrong.

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
5,187 Posts
No, the 3.8 does not have inspection plugs like that on the back end of the block/tranny, I would pull them out and see if there is oil further up inside. Maybe have Robert put it on his lift to get a better look?

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled them and looked there is some oil not a lot. Im losing only a couple ounces a day so im not extremely worried. But, I know small problems will turn big in time. It should get warrantied so I will call them tomorrow.

· Registered
459 Posts
I need to crawl under mine and check it out. Looks like it could be a vent for the flywheel.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont see why I wouldnt be...ill play it off that its been leaking like that for a while. They already tore my engine down once for that stupid cylinder miss fire crap. Im wondering if maybe they actually didnt seal everything up. My dealership here is pretty good about warranty stuff. Most off road with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.