JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds funny but I think oil, of some kind, is coming out of my defroster. I can see "scum" on the windshield and it appears to be oil. I cleaned it this weekend thinking it was just dirty but it is back again. It's concentrated at the bottom and as you get higher, it takes on an overspray appearance.

I'm a bit confused and haven't a clue.
I did a cursory search here and in googledom but didn't find anything.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
check and see if you don't have a pinhole leak on your heater core. the spray could be anti-freeze. it may be wet underneath your carpet under the glove box. good luck

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Weird, sure it's not coolant? Sticky sweet? heater core is the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Love this place. I'll do some checking tonight when I get home.

I didn't lick it :thefinger:

Thanks guys:beer::beer:
Haha, sorry for the Def Leppard reference.....it should smell sort of sweet and be sticky to the touch:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
have you used any sort of armour-all on you dash. sometimes over spray will get in the vents then when reheated can get sprayed back up on the windshield.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, sorry for the Def Leppard reference.....it should smell sort of sweet and be sticky to the touch:grinpimp:
First thing that popped in my mind was someone licking their windshield.

have you used any sort of armour-all on you dash. sometimes over spray will get in the vents then when reheated can get sprayed back up on the windshield.
Vat ees diss armour-all you seak of?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

this is what i pictured. :laughing:

·
Registered
783 Posts
If its not the heater core leaking, it could also be your evaporator leaking. When you turn the defroster on, it also turns your a/c on to help dry the air. If the evaporator is leaking, not only would the freon slowly be leaking out, but the compressor oil would leak out with it, causing what looks like oil on your windshield.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its not the heater core leaking, it could also be your evaporator leaking. When you turn the defroster on, it also turns your a/c on to help dry the air. If the evaporator is leaking, not only would the freon slowly be leaking out, but the compressor oil would leak out with it, causing what looks like oil on your windshield.
Couldn't find any leaks in the radiator/hoses. I'm still under warranty so I'm heading to the stealership this weekend.

Thanks for the help :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts