JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

· Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very nice kit that takes the diameter of a larger Tie Rod and the size of an aftermarket Differential Cover into account.

This kit provides 2 offset GM 1 ton TRE's (1LH & 1 RH), the jam nuts, Hex Head weld bungs, and 54" of 1 1/2" X .25" wall Dom tube.

You may have to ream your knuckle's taper (depending on which knuckle you use) to accept the GM 1 ton TRE but the end result is more than worth the effort!

These have become the mandatory choice for the Jeep JK model as the only ones in the 1 ton size that will work with the factory knuckles.

Offset Tie Rod Kit - RuffStuff Specialties

· Registered
1,397 Posts
i have the kit and made a tie rod and a drag link... works awesome.. really tighten up the front end :beer: i did not have to ream the knuckles for the tie rod... but you do need a wheel with a pretty good offset or a 18 inch wheel for the offset tie rod end not to rub at full turn.

· Registered
855 Posts
Did you end up getting a new design on the ends? I know the originals weren't lasting very long.

· Registered
855 Posts
We haven't heard of any problems with them so far, if you do ever experience a problem let us know so we can fix it.
Sounds good, I'll be calling you Monday. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.