JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here!

So my stock JKU looked AWESOME when I got it a year ago! Now all I can focus on is my embarrassingly small wheels...

35's are out since it's my DD and gas mileage is a big deal. I've been looking at used 15 or 16" rims, new 33" tires and a leveling kit. (I know not all 15's will clear the calipers.)

I've found a set of MB 352 16 x 8.5 wheels with a -6 offset.

I believe that offset is only 0.25 different than stock. If that's correct I'm thinking even with a wider tire I'll still be under the fenders and my preference is wide stance.

So
1 - Is it correct that these wouldn't give me the wide stance I'm looking for?
2 - What's the real deal with spacers? The dealer and the local car shop both recommend against since I'd be introducing another failure point. But it looks like they're very common with Jeeps.

They're in perfect condition and an awesome deal at $400 for 5 wheels so I'd love to move on them. Just don't want to end up with the pizza cutter look.

Any input?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
quality spacers like spidertrax properly installed will not fail any more than your stock rim will. guys run them on king of hammers. I have run them off and on for 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
101 Posts
quality spacers like spidertrax properly installed will not fail any more than your stock rim will. guys run them on king of hammers. I have run them off and on for 100,000 miles.
Agreed. You'll be fine with a quality hub-centric set of spacers, if retaining stock rims is the way you want to go.

Personally, I'd rather have stock wheels and good quality spacers than marginal aftermarket rims with a different offset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts