JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at some off road lights for the front of my jeep on my LoD stubby. Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the rugged ridge pillar switch housing tonight with some switches. Any recommendations on lights? I think i want to go hid, but ive looked at the eagle eyes, and rugged ridge lights. im willing to spend about $300 for a pair.
:beer:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I don't think I'd buy anything non-HID (or LED if you have the $$). Just my 2cents

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want a led light bar but, damn they are like a grand!!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I went with the Rigid Duallys for my bumper, nice a small. They were about 180 for a pair. They have the dually 2s out now. Take a look at those.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those dually 2's are pretty sweet!! Are they as bright as say Rugged Ridge 5"? or the Eagle eyes hid?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I am very happy with my HIDX 4" from trailduty.com
Make sure there is clearance between the bar and your grill though, they are kind of deep because of the ballast.

Found this a couple threads down

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Anybody have some pics of Rigid Dullays mounted on a PSC Brawler Lite?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I think you would be very happy with the Rigid 10" light bar. Under $400 and the perfect set up for a bumper (unlike HIDs, these can take some serious abuse). Use the search function to find lots of info on these forums.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As for the Dually D2's they are brighter than the 10" light bar and HID's
The 10" light bar has 3600 lumens
2 dually D2's have 5200 lumens

Here is a recent pic of them they are difficult to get a pic of you can see how much they over power the factor lighting!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
As for the Dually D2's they are brighter than the 10" light bar and HID's
I agree, as I have a set of D2s too. But I like the overlapping light pattern of the 10" bar better for bumper mounting than a pair of D2s; the overlapping flood pattern removes all shadows and dark areas from the front of the jeep. With my 2 D2s up there, I had more dark areas directly in front of the jeep. My lights are mainly used for rock crawling at night, so full ilumination directly in front of my Jeep is most important to me.

So I put my 10" bar back on the bumper, sold the D2 floods, and bought some D2 driving lights to mount on the windshield. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Anybody have some pics of Rigid Dullays mounted on a PSC Brawler Lite?
I've got some D2 dually's that I ordered from Manny and I've got a PSC light bumper with a brawler coming... as soon as I get both hooked up I'll post some pics...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am currently looking at some off road lights for the front of my jeep on my LoD stubby. Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the rugged ridge pillar switch housing tonight with some switches. Any recommendations on lights? I think i want to go hid, but ive looked at the eagle eyes, and rugged ridge lights. im willing to spend about $300 for a pair.
What do you want from your lights? Let me know and I can point you in the right direction so you won't be dissapointed. We have a few different options to fit your budget.

James

·
Registered
997 Posts
I went with the Rigid Duallys for my bumper, nice a small. They were about 180 for a pair. They have the dually 2s out now. Take a look at those.
Did you go with the flood pattern or the spot pattern? I am looking at these too.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I've got some D2 dually's that I ordered from Manny and I've got a PSC light bumper with a brawler coming... as soon as I get both hooked up I'll post some pics...
Thank you sir. You mounting to the fairlead or the light tabs? :beer:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Thank you sir. You mounting to the fairlead or the light tabs? :beer:
I will take a pic with them on the light tabs... don't have a winch yet. I will though be using them on the windshield and my Vision X s4100 on the tabs.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I will take a pic with them on the light tabs... don't have a winch yet. I will though be using them on the windshield and my Vision X s4100 on the tabs.
Awesome. I'll subscribe to this thread so I don't forget. I don't wanna spend the $ on the D2's if they're gonna look stupid on the bumper. :beer:

·
Registered
212 Posts
What made you decide on the rugged ridge pillar? Why didn't you choose something from s-pod, a more complete package? I don't mean to change the subject.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What made you decide on the rugged ridge pillar? Why didn't you choose something from s-pod, a more complete package? I don't mean to change the subject.
Because im only planning on running lights on my bumper and some rock lights for now and i can do the rugged ridge pillar and switches for under $100 and the spod system being $400. But i cant disagree the spod system kit is badass and ive heard nothing but great things about their service too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts