JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any info on whether Mopar will ever deliver any Offroad Bumpers for the '12 JK's? Mainly, the ones with the winch mount...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Interesting first post.

The frame is the same so the original mopar bumper should work. (might have to relocate the stupid vac thing)

If you are talking about the metal bumper that is on the MW3 jeep. That is an AEV bumper.

Why care if it's mopar?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
OP is accurate too; mopar accessory bumper is not available currently. The bumper on the MW3 is not available for purchase as an accessory (as told by my dealer so who knows). But I have had the mopar offroad bumper with fogs/winchmount/brushguard) ordered for over a month and they can't get any more info about its status. They can't find any expectd delivery dates for the bumper so idk if they're on backorder or what but I want the damn bumper bc my '12 gets in soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
AEV told me the JK premium front bumpers they sell direct and to Mopar (same bumper with brushguard etc.) are to be ready the first of March.

I have been waiting for 2 months for mine to come to the dealership and my Jeep arrived 3 weeks ago so I feel your pain.

The other bumper (MW3 type JK tubeless front bumper) is available to purchase directly from AEV but those are on backorder also, same deal. The last 3 they had in stock went to Chrysler about 2 weeks ago.

That's all I have for now, take care.

Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
AEV told me the JK premium front bumpers they sell direct and to Mopar (same bumper with brushguard etc.) are to be ready the first of March.

I have been waiting for 2 months for mine to come to the dealership and my Jeep arrived 3 weeks ago so I feel your pain.

The other bumper (MW3 type JK tubeless front bumper) is available to purchase directly from AEV but those are on backorder also, same deal. The last 3 they had in stock went to Chrysler about 2 weeks ago.

That's all I have for now, take care.

Mike
Quadratec carries both the regular hoop bumper and the MW3 version... might try calling them to see if they have one in stock. http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?cn=AEV+JK+Front+Bumpers&c=47&pn=12049.120X

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Stopped in today, parts told me they should be receiving them end of feb or beginning of march

1 - 8 of 8 Posts