JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those unaware, a Houston PD officer named Kevin Will was killed by a drunk driver during the 2011 Memorial Day Weekend. The driver, a twice deported drug addict in posession of cocaine whose immigration status has been brought into question once again by federal authorities was only slightly injured in the wreck. He is on a "detainer" by the feds.

Link to News Story

There is a fund setup to care for the wife (6 months pregnant) and two children Mr. Will leaves behind. As of right now, I do not believe there is an online method for donation, but will contact the 100 Club to see if there is anything in the works.

Link To Survivor's Fund

The number of increasing number of law enforcemnt deaths is something I find deeply troubling. It used to be that if one officer was killed in the line of duy, it was an incredibly rare occurrance. The frequency with which we are seeing those who protect and serve is growing.

Let's rally around the family here.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
i hate hearing stories like this... senseless deaths caused by senseless people:pissed:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link Dan.

RIP officer Will
Actually, it was Ron Gilbert who posted them up, I'm just passing them along. I plan on trying to contact the 100Club today and inquire whether or not we have a method for online donations so we can make it as simple as possible for people to donate.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Wait, someone with undetermined immigration status kills and American citizen?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Man, what a hard thankless job LEO's have to do. Thank god that they are there and willing to serve. RIP brother.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Thank you to DD and RG for posting about this. Very sorry to see, and the trend continues.....:pissed:

Dan- I used to live in the Houston area, and have been a 100Club supporter for the last 8 years. I send them $100 every year. They do great things (as I guess you already are aware). Very well-respected organization that cares deeply for our slain offers and their families.

Rest In Peace, Officer Kevin Will.

·
Registered
401 Posts
As someone said before this is becoming too frequent. I hate seeing fellow LEO's murdered.

Pray for this Officers family guys.

RIP Officer Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts