JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

Brian Love just called me...apparently he received notification that HPD will start ticketing Off-Roaders if caught up at Kaena Point, Waikene Valley area and another location.

For Kaena Point, I encourage everyone to get in touch with DLNR as well as your Military Garrison Commanders (for those of you who are military) to remind them that the Jeep community and military Jeepers are the ones who have been cleaning up the point and other areas to protect the environment. Ticketing Jeepers who have been doing the right thing to protect the areas we also enjoy isn't the best decision given the fishermen who were observed at the point with smoking fire pits (burning not allowed as well as surrounded with TONS of nails from the bonfire pallets and beer bottles), coolers, tents and cots, etc which aren't allowed up there.

We as an off-roader community need to voice our opinions to the Director of DLNR and the Service Component Garrison Commanders ASAP if we are to retain our ride to enjoy the point like everyone else!

Thank you!

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Wait til you guys need to buy ORV registration stickers to have your Jeep on private land like Mass !

·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The state gave Hawaii 4x4 association a section of land to turn into an ORV to relocate offroaders to Sand Island. It has turned into a commercialized dirt bike and ORV park with entry fees.....it was built as an extreme ORV lane but they are working on building some beginner and intermediate lanes due to all the damage and broken rigs (that are people's daily drivers) trying to go through the current ORV lanes.

Maui and the big island aren't restrictive at all. I only have until May left and then will be moving to Maryland for my next assignment.

·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im starting to get second thoughts about going to Hawaii. Maybe I should have stayed in Maryland. Atleast Rausch Creek & GWNF were close...
There are still some other areas to go to along with the ORV park....and if they open the ferry back up then you can take it to Maui and the big island.

·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
has anybody got a ticket at the valley yet? Cuz fuck it im still going.
none that I know of yet....there are several off-roaders out there that are DLNR so it would be hard to cite others without themselves. :laughing:

·
Registered
42 Posts
none that I know of yet....there are several off-roaders out there that are DLNR so it would be hard to cite others without themselves. :laughing:
LOL!!
d
My name is Trey I have been on island for about 4 years and have had many jeeps that I still see cruising around. Right now my new girl is a 2009 wrangler unlimited X I bought her stock as a rock last july 2011 from hertz rental on Nimitz she has going through a big change over the last year.

Attachments

·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL!!
d
My name is Trey I have been on island for about 4 years and have had many jeeps that I still see cruising around. Right now my new girl is a 2009 wrangler unlimited X I bought her stock as a rock last july 2011 from hertz rental on Nimitz she has going through a big change over the last year.
looking great Trey!

·
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom are they really talking about starting up the ferry again??

I heard the whisper in the wind too.....hoping so before I move back to the mainland next summer so my family and I can take the Jeep over to Maui! :D But knowing the activists who protested to get it shut down I am sure they will fight to keep it from coming back. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts