JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Pretty cool. A few of the parks are closed now but still a good list.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
How sad (for me as an Ohioan) that all five of those listed for Ohio are actually in neighboring states. There are a couple places in Michigan I've been wanting to check out that made that list though.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So 4 of the top 5 GA parks are in AL. Bogs and Boulders is a mud fest. I definitely would not put it in the top 5. Choccolocco made the GA top 5 but not the AL top 5? Dysfunctional ranking. We are headed to Hawk Pride in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
So 4 of the top 5 GA parks are in AL. Bogs and Boulders is a mud fest. I definitely would not put it in the top 5. Choccolocco made the GA top 5 but not the AL top 5? Dysfunctional ranking. We are headed to Hawk Pride in 2 weeks.
Yeah, none of the top five Ohio sites are in Ohio. But for PA, Southington Off Road in Ohio is listed.

I've only been to Southington once. I was riding along with my buddy in his Cherokee (didn't have a Jeep yet myself, this was a couple years ago). Not a bad place, buy maybe a bit limited. But it's closed in Winter, and during the warmer months it's only open to Jeeps one weekend a month. It never seems to be open when I can go.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Southington has new owners. It used to be called Jeep Skool. A list of scheduled days in to December. http://www.southingtonoffroad.com/
I never went there when I was called Jeep Skool, but one of my friends still calls it that. When I went it was already Southington. It's not a bad place. I was hoping to go this weekend, but it didn't work out.

I don't live close to Southington, but I'm in the area some weekends because I have family in the area. It just never seems to work out that I'm around (and free, and have my Jeep) when they are having a 4x4 weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts