JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently searching for respectable, organized, and motivated off-road clubs in various States to host events for Wheelers For The Wounded.

You can find the States needing hosts by going to www.wheelersforthewounded.org. If a State doesn't have a club's name next to it, then one is needed.

If you belong to a great club and would like to get involved with this program, then it would be nice to hear from you.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This idea is awesome! I know you are doing a ride at Tellico September 11th and Blue Ridge 4x4 is helping organize it. The owner is part of our GA club www.gatrailriders.com and several of us plan to help him out. I am curious what you plan to do in GA September 26th-27th? I only know of a few ORV parks here. PM if you care to chat more in private. I am a mod on GATR and will bring something up about the other ride.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bigjerm...Glad you'll be making it to the Tellico event...should be a good time. As for GA, I don't know...where do you all in GA go to off-road? If I can't find a club to host an event there, then I'll have to take that State off the list. I would like to hit Morris Mountain in Alabama...heard that's a good spot...but I need a club in that State as well.

NJJeepThing...Got your email and will be sending you a reply shortly.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Bigjerm...Glad you'll be making it to the Tellico event...should be a good time. As for GA, I don't know...where do you all in GA go to off-road? If I can't find a club to host an event there, then I'll have to take that State off the list. I would like to hit Morris Mountain in Alabama...heard that's a good spot...but I need a club in that State as well.

NJJeepThing...Got your email and will be sending you a reply shortly.
In GA you really have two parks, Beasley Knob and River Rock. Beasley is a public park up in Northeast GA but if there is rain they close the park until it dries up. River Rock is private so it can be reserved for the weekend and there is a lot to do there. Its in Milledgeville, GA.

Morris Mountain is a good place, ive been there twice now, A LOT of fun.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where an event is held is left up to the Event Host Club for that State. If I get a club for that State, then I could suggest River Rock to them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This has gotten some buzz in Colorado on the www.colorado4x4.org site and we are working very hard to get an event set up. Right now it looks to be about mid April. Hope see some of the other Colorado folks come along.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If anyone would like to find out what's going on in their State, they can go to the forum at this link...
http://wheelersforthewounded.org/forum/index.php

Due to the 12 months I have left here in Iraq (I've been here 10 months so far), the main events will not begin until the first weekend of April 2009.

In between now and then, the event host for the various States will be holding a few charity trail runs. 100% of the funds raised during these events will be used for the main event in their State (food, campsite fees, entertainment, etc).

At the end of each month I will be writing an article for Four Wheeler magazine. There is also a multi-media company that I'm currently working with to make a documentary on the program.

I hope you all will sign up on the forum and participate in the events in your State. I'm sure the club hosting the events will be open to ideas from you all as well as any help you might be able to offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts