JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up my recent experience with Off Road Armor in Peyton. I was looking at getting some rock rails, bumpers, etc. for my JK and potentially a tire carrier. Found an ad on Craigslist advertising for an Jeep fabricator. The owner's name is JD and he is a solid dude. Nice as can be. These are the first things he has made for the JK and his prices were very reasonable. He also warranties everything for life so if it breaks/bends he will repair it or replace it. Pretty cool!

Anyway, just wanted to share and get some feedback on them. For some reason the front stinger looks HUGE in the pics, it's not quite as large as it looks but it is pretty big. The plan is to eventually link it into a hood hoop and into my cage that JD will be building for me next year so that's why it is a bit larger. Let me know what you think! The flares look like the factory plastic flares cut, but they are actually metal flares now just using the same shape. Gives it a nice "sleeper" look. He also welded up my Artec Gussets/Truss for me and it came out great.

· I Put the FU in FUN
4,253 Posts
looks like nice first run. the guy has skills for sure. first thing i saw was a need for gusseting on that stinger.
and the rear tire carrier seems far too tall. you wouldn't run the treed trails we run in MI without tearing a tree limb down or that carrier off.
thanks for sharing his work. looks like a great start.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the stinger is not done yet. If I actually had to use it right now it wouldn't hold up, but once it gets linked in with the hood hoop and so on it will be strong. The rear carrier is a bit tall. He did that just because of the Hi Lift being mounted there and in preparation for me to move up to a 40" tire, so that I won't have to do another carrier. Thanks for the feedback. Here is a pic of the rocker...

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those fenders are pretty sweet looking if you don't mind what did those run you?
Justin
I haven't paid him for them yet so I'm not sure. He still needed to finalize pricing and then he was going to let me know. They are very strong and will hold up to some decent abuse, especially compared to the stock plastic ones. PM me and I'll send you his number. You can text him directly and he will probably hit with you an estimate as long as he has figured it out.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know a good place to get 1'' shackles for my d rings? Looking for the heavy duty ones. I saw some on eBay but wondering if somewhere local has anything? I checked Home Depot and they only have the smaller ones.

· Registered
141 Posts
I think the Big R out here in Peyton has them. I am heading over there today to buy some ammo so I will check.

Edit==I reread your post, you need the shackles...NM they won't have them

· Registered
66 Posts
hows everything holding up? I was checking out his Facebook page and those fenders are pretty affordable. I'm thinking about having him make me a set but I'm not sure if it might look silly with 33's until I get my 35's. What size tires and lift does your have on it?
Justin

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 37's on mine. I am going back to see him tomorrow to add a hood hoop to my front bumper and then tie it in with the stinger for more front end protection. I'll also be adding a cross bar in the stinger to add some lights.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today's updates....

I also tore my driveshaft boot (rear) today. Nasty shaking on acceleration and checked underneath and it has sprayed grease everywhere. My JK has been lifted for only 5k miles and the 5k miles before the lift since new the rig was not wheeled even once. Anyone have any experience with Rocky Mountain Driveline? Going to get an estimate from them for their "1000 hp" driveshaft option.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also did some tinkering on my front driveshaft today too. It has some considerable play in it and I can hear a tapping noise when I move it. Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay from someone local for a front and a rear? I'm guessing around $800-900 but maybe less? I will also need to finally upgrade my rear upper CA's to get the pinion angel dialed in so if anyone spots a good deal on those let me know please.

G

·
offroadarmor.net location in Falcon, CO? Address?

Wondering if you have the address of the shop for offroadarmor.net? JD Scammed me out of a $200 deposit via PayPal. It's been 8 weeks and he keeps giving me the runaround. He's told me over 10 times that he'd bring my bumper and drop it off and every time he has failed, blown me off, does not return phone calls, etc. Trying to get my refund back, but it went beyond the 30 day Paypal time limit, etc. I need to find this guy and get my money back! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH offroadarmor.net! If anyone knows his address in Falcon, CO, please post so I can send court papers and/or authorities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.