JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had 4 points in my jk for over 2 years now. Forced to do it due to a faulty driver side seatbelt. (rather than give my first born to Jeep I decided to rip both out and put in 2 harnesses and a bar for $100 less than a single belt) So rather than ramble, Ive seen an internet consensus that 2.2 Ohms across each connector will shut the light off. Has anyone confirmed this with their jeep? It just is really annoying to constantly have the SRS light on my dash all the time. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no. I'm talking about the SRS light. With the seat belt assembly completely removed there are 2 body codes (don't remember exactly what they are) but it basically says driver and passenger belt circuit is open. Thus lighting the SRS light. (Or the little seated man with an air bag in his face right at the 1500 rpm mark). I've been looking at "race car" forums *cough* srt4, honda, bmw*cough* and their solution is a 2.2 ohm resistor soldered across the two wires. And it seems universal but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it in a jk before I go wasting my time trying to hunt them down because apparently they aren't your standard radio shack stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts