·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts

Thanks @Fklein6768

I'll update this w/ which ones I chose once they get here.

I found ones I liked w/ no obnoxious brand-placement AND no ventilation holes, (as I wanted) .

We shall see....

I have Ace ones in the garage....just need to get around to some maintenance prior to install. Need to do my frame and replace gas tank skid and some rust forming in a few spots.

I have quite a bit on the to do list.

I am sure whatever you choose will be a methodical/well thought out decision

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

ahhh...

that looks better, imho.

I gotta drill the holes & then hit other side but I'm thinking the Artec inners up front are a little more suitable than whatever sh*t I had goin' on up there...

so ,there's that improvement.

Oh, on subject of keeping crud out of niches & crannies w/ aftermarket inners , yes, the ACE Engineering little body panels are cool & serve their purpose however , take a look at how many other places mud & S.Eastern debris now can find to call home :

...I'll have to do something about the billy-rocker gap but not today ....

(edit:

in case anybody ever references this & ,like me , will probably take these on/off multi times annually , you could do like I have & just self-tapping screwed the three rivnut locations' so your usual driver hex 7mm attachment can zip these on & off quickly ...ymmv )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks good. You gonna keep the bling or matte black it?

Also, are those drilled rotors or just water drips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks good. You gonna keep the bling or matte black it?

Also, are those drilled rotors or just water drips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was initially thinking I'd hit 'em w/ my ' normal' truckbed liner ( like I did the bumper, rockers, corners , everything gets Rust-Oleum truckbed liner ) for them . But, after seeing how clean the "Frame and rollcage black satin" spray looked on the frame & where I coated several places yesterday , I think I may do them satin , frame black so they're easier to clean, ya know? Mud would be easier to make gone than if it's textured.

The rotors are dimpled in a slotted pattern. The type driving we do off-road it's not as advantageous to drill or slot brake rotors. These work well ( EBC ) w thier green stuff pads ...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts