any input is appreciated

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
kind of a newb Q

is there a company that makes a coilover to replace the stock coil shock setup
in an 08 unlimited rubicon

any input is appreciated
I've been looking for one for the 2.5 lift range and they all apear to be only available for 4" or higher as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
im looking for a better performance setup
and from my understanding coil overs is the way to go

·
Registered
159 Posts
The biggest plus of Coil Overs is their infinite adjustability. You can play with the spring rate, ride height, shock valving and a few other variables. Most people who own them never play with them enough to realize the potential though. I'm not aware of anyone making a stock Coil Over replacement (most stock replacements are for vehicles already equipped with a strut or C/O set up from the factory), but if your not planning on lifting it much, then a quality shock and spring combo can net you the same performance. We've got a minimal lift spring/shock upgrade in the works that should be a great stock replacement.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The biggest plus of Coil Overs is their infinite adjustability. You can play with the spring rate, ride height, shock valving and a few other variables. Most people who own them never play with them enough to realize the potential though. I'm not aware of anyone making a stock Coil Over replacement (most stock replacements are for vehicles already equipped with a strut or C/O set up from the factory), but if your not planning on lifting it much, then a quality shock and spring combo can net you the same performance. We've got a minimal lift spring/shock upgrade in the works that should be a great stock replacement.
I'd be interested in that. I'm trying to recover the ride height lost to a new front bumper and winch combo and I'm really not all that interested in a huge lift. What I would like is, 1) recovered sag as well as leveling front to rear, 2) same or improved, ride quality as stock and, 3) shocks that live longer than 15,000 miles (my stockers are very tired at this point). Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'd be interested in that. I'm trying to recover the ride height lost to a new front bumper and winch combo and I'm really not all that interested in a huge lift. What I would like is, 1) recovered sag as well as leveling front to rear, 2) same or improved, ride quality as stock and, 3) shocks that live longer than 15,000 miles (my stockers are very tired at this point). Keep us posted. :)
A 1" coilspring spacer and a decently valved monotube shock will take care of all your issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
all you need is a shock hoop up top, and some bracketry down south. tons of companies make custom coilovers. www.f-o-a.com is a good company.

for the specs, all your need is spring rate(s), size of the spring/shock, valving for the shock, and length.

more work then what you probably want to go through, but it would be *****in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts