JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running OBD II Gauges. While pricey, it makes a lot of sense to me to be able to see the information going through the OBD II unit. I'd like to put in some 2 1/16 gauges instead of that TV sized scan gauge. I've tried contacting the two companies I could find that makes them, Aeroforce and PLX, but they don't seem to be too interested in answering any of my questions. Anyone running these or others?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I really like this gauge, but I had a few questions for them and have emailed them a couple of times now with no reply. I don't like doing business with folk I can't call if I get stuck or have a problem with something. It looks like Autometer and PLX also make some OBD II gauges. I've emailed PLX with no reply either and Autometer's site is a travesty for anyone wanting anything more than a picture. Was wondering if anyone had more contact info especially on Aeroforce.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Did you look at the Aeroforce forums? I think the whole company is just a couple guys. The one answers posts several times a week.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Did you look at the Aeroforce forums? I think the whole company is just a couple guys. The one answers posts several times a week.
Yep, the forum is about the only real answers from Aeroforce.

I am running the Aeroforce gauge myself, and had to get the majority of info from whats available on the net. I think someone posted a nice guide to what features are available for the JK platform.
There is a whole host of info available through the OBD II port for sure.
I also bought a scanner online that lets me grab freeze data as well. Can never have enough toys....lol

It is a pretty decent gauge but the tech/ customer service side of the company is only so-so IMO. They do answer questions through the forum though.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's funny. Just minutes after my last post, Bob from Aeroforce emailed me everything I wanted to know. Maybe one of these days I'll learn to be patient... Probably not. :bounce: Anyhow, I just spent a whole bunch of money with them and am looking forward to putting them in. It's wild to think I could even go as far as tapping into differential and transfer case temperatures with three more add-ons.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've been running the single aeroforce guage now for a year and I'm happy with its performance. I think you'll be glad you bought it. It's a shame that we don't really have hardly ANY gauges from the factory...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just ordered one from them. looks like its well worth the money, especially since it will turn off esp. has anyone used that feature yet?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I just ordered one from them. looks like its well worth the money, especially since it will turn off esp. has anyone used that feature yet?
wooah does it full turn it off and leaves it off? I never realized that awesome, gotta check it out now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts