JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some wiring done on the weekend. I got to see what the lightbar produces for light output firsthand. Holy crap it's bright. The sPOD works well with the viair onboard air system. I just have some cleanup to do on the wiring and routing to improve. The last picture shows the disaster I removed from the dash for the spod. Love this thing. And I love the Bluetooth toy as well. Thx JasonMac on that.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268390.769941.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268413.436085.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268431.186860.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268458.414258.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1393268495.716477.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
189 Posts
very nice, I did the same thing...

I had the Dually's on, and found that they really did not add anymore light after the 50". Now I need to find another good use for them, maybe in the back.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
very nice, I did the same thing...

I had the Dually's on, and found that they really did not add anymore light after the 50". Now I need to find another good use for them, maybe in the back.
Good to know. So the 50" bar is a good flood light?

I want good light to the sides and would have used the pillar lights for that. Guess when the time comes I will try the 50" light bar first add pillar lights later if I feel I want more flood light later. In fact I would be tempted to just turn those pillar lights to the sides and almost backward for more light around me.

Would you add LEDs to the bumper for distance over the light bar?
I like for driving on the highway. Not sure I would run a 50" bar on the street lol would get pulled over likely around my area.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
I did the same thing off of the sPOD....works great! And using an extra relay (like in the sPOD) I wired in a 20" light bar to the factory fog light wiring and works of the main lights/fog light control. :beer:

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was driving through Iowa and the high winds were so fierce that the drivers side bolt broke on the 50". It was hanging by the passenger side bolt and the wiring harness until we pulled over.
The noise is ridiculous anyway so I'm leaving it off. I'll sell it soon enough and be happy with my two sets of Rigids on the front.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was driving through Iowa and the high winds were so fierce that the drivers side bolt broke on the 50". It was hanging by the passenger side bolt and the wiring harness until we pulled over.
The noise is ridiculous anyway so I'm leaving it off. I'll sell it soon enough and be happy with my two sets of Rigids on the front.

I am assuming the 50" bar is one of the cheaper bars? This seems to be a common issue with some of these bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts