JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to NYC with my wife to go see The Addams Family. Got teased by a bunch of the East Coast group, so here are some shots of my wheeling adventurs in NYC. Cut off a few cabbies, and got cut off by a few cabbies. Had a few peds walking a little faster with my front end punching through.

The Holland Tunnel: who's bright idea was it to take 10 lanes of traffic and narrow them to 2 lanes in less than 50 yards???

A few street shots.

Found the theater.

Times Square

Central Park

Heading out the Lincoln Tunnel

Walking around I think I knocked at least three people down. ;)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Very cool,all you need is a black and white checkerboard stripe on the side of your jeep and people would have been waving you down for a ride.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I love driving in nyc. By the laws of tonnage and tire size, I'm well heeded by other drivers. The underground parking situation is tough though as my Gobi rack requires careful selection of garages.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Nice Pete, and hey thank your lucky stars there wasn't an accident in the tunnel, that only makes for a more enjoyable tunnel trip!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Looks like you had a fun time. You went right into times square.. Pretty brave of you. There are a few garages in that area where you can fit. How was the show?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
awesome pics pete, love the city this time of year(except the people lol).

How crazy narrow are the lanes in the tunnels hahaha :laughing:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you had a fun time. You went right into times square.. Pretty brave of you. There are a few garages in that area where you can fit. How was the show?
The theater was right off the intersection of Broadway and 7th. I had no choice, but to jump right in the traffic.

Show would have been fantastic if Nathan Lane had show up for work. :shaking: Otherwise it was good.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You are a brave soul for driving through times square this time of year. Didn't you see all the signs for the grid lock alert today?;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are a brave soul for driving through times square this time of year. Didn't you see all the signs for the grid lock alert today?;)
We were outta NYC by 1:00 pm. No grid lock for us. Actually a nice quite (sans the humming tires) ride for us. :D

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Cool. I'll be heading into the city after Christmas to take in the sights and sounds.

I met Bebe Neuwirth as she was coming out of the theatre a few months ago. Stupid Nathan Lane, that Birdcager, didn't show his face.

·
Registered
586 Posts
thanks for posting, i lived right at the union city exit as soon as you leave the lincoln tunnel!!!
:beer::beer::beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts