JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the hell you can buy these POS in Houston?

Fastenal, Grainger, and all the auto parts guys I could think of said no.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
They also go by the names "rivet nuts" and "nut inserts". Maybe they didn't know what you were talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nah, I tried those too except "rivnut". Need it local so I don't have to pay over night freight.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
As a last resort, try your local Jeep dealer. I'm sure they could be had for cheap there. ;)

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I may be able to get my hands on some today. If I send ground to Houston it is usually the next day. If I can get a hold of the person with them, I will let you know.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be able to get my hands on some today. If I send ground to Houston it is usually the next day. If I can get a hold of the person with them, I will let you know.
That would be awesome Phil. I'll be glad to send you a check and a case of beer.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I'm trying to get a hold of the guy with them, I'll be seeing him tonight anyway, but I'm trying to get a hold of him before DHL pickup. I could always send them via Express Mail. The only question I don't know is how many he's got, but I think he's got 20 or so.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
All I need is four, they were missing from the hardware kit for my rocker guards.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what size are we talking about?
5/16-18 internal thread.
Normally I would just wait for the manufacturer to sort it out, but I have to finish the install this weekend becuase I will be out of town until the day before my trip out west.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you buy rocker guards made by **** ***********?

:laughing2:
Yes. Not upset with those guys, but am certainly looking at an alternative so I can have them installed before my trip to central Texas.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
have the nutserts in my hand, have a buddy here that will be going to downtown Houston, then International airport. Will that be anywhere near you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts