JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing my poison spyder rear fenders and was able to put in all twelve Nutserts in about 5 minutes. Anyone wanting to use this just pay for freight and I am more than willing to loan it out as long as I get it back in a timely manner. It was really very easy with this tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
That's a pretty generous offer of you, I'd personally hesitate without much of a deposit of some sort and sending it out. Best of luck, it's an awesome tool..I've used it!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
The day I have money and balls to do these I my own I will surely keep you in mine, on another not be sure to post up some finished pic of the flairs.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm needing a good nutsert tool for my Evo corner armor that I have sitting here. I'm interested in loaning it if it's available. I'd hope I could do it in a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
That looks good. :) On a side note, that tool was made in Taiwan. I don't care, but a lot of people will hate you for that. All I can say to them is :the finger:

I will like to see the finished pictures too. :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I did my PSC rear flares and some AEV corners using the provided tool, an air impact on low setting, and lots of WD40. I suggest people try this method, I didn't screw up a single one.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I did my PSC rear flares and some AEV corners using the provided tool, an air impact on low setting, and lots of WD40. I suggest people try this method, I didn't screw up a single one.
I have done that and I have used this tool. This tool makes it so much nicer..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I plan on making my own armor but need to get the nutserts is one brand better than another and what size 5/16 or 1/4?

·
Registered
104 Posts
How does the one compare to the marson tool? Looks like the same design and $70 cheaper?
Looks like the same tool as the Marson. I purchased the Marson tool from my local Graingers, and it worked beautiful. Takes very little effort at all to get the sert installed.

To the OP, we need finished pics when completed. Mine turned out pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I plan on making my own armor but need to get the nutserts is one brand better than another and what size 5/16 or 1/4?
Rocker armor seems to be usually 1/4"-20. Poison Spyder corners we just did were 5/16"-18, be sure to get nutserts with knurling on it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
This tool isnt the same thing as a pop rivet is it?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
This tool isnt the same thing as a pop rivet is it?
Not really, by looks...yes. By what it actually does and how it does it, not at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well here is one pic of finished product I am also packing for Moab leaving on Monday morning. I hope Spydertrax is thre I snapped off a stud on one of my spacers hope they will replace.
Did you have any problems with the front fenders pushing in toward the grille??

Mine did it more on the passenger side than the driver. Just curious.

BTW looks sweet man:koolaid:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.