JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works well for me, along with rotocut annular cutters for making the holes in the tub.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the stupid question, but on an unrelated topic, 12pt sockets will work with 6 point nuts, but not vice versa, right?
Yes, however 6point socket on a 6point hex nut/bolt will be stronger and less likely to round the fastener. I much prefer to buy 6point sockets for that reason, for the rare occasion you come across a 12point bolt [I can think of only 1 on the JK], usually a gear wrench or cheaper socket will get it done.

My high quality sockets are all 6pt.

· Registered
6,230 Posts
Yes, however 6point socket on a 6point hex nut/bolt will be stronger and less likely to round the fastener. I much prefer to buy 6point sockets for that reason, for the rare occasion you come across a 12point bolt [I can think of only 1 on the JK], usually a gear wrench or cheaper socket will get it done.

My high quality sockets are all 6pt.
Right on. Thanks. Makes sense, but I never would've thought of that.

FWIW, where is the 12pt bolt on the JK?

· Registered
15 Posts
I bought that tool when I did my PSC Brawler Rockers, did all 30some nutserts in about 15 min. with no screwups!! best investment for the job.
What setting did you have on the Westward nut insert tool? I don't want to over crush!

· Registered
15 Posts
Mine doesn't have "settings". I started the first one loose, then tightened it down little by little till it was solid.
That sounds like a good way to start! I'm going to order one so I can get my new PSC rocker armor on when the get here!

If I were to order an additional mandrel... What size for the PSC nutserts? Are they 5\16"?

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rocker armor is 1/4"-20 if i remember correctly. Corners and fenders are 5/16"-18.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.