1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
yeah thats quite the rip off. They are charging you for the KM's that come on the rubi, but your also paying for the duelers lol that blows.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats quite the rip off. They are charging you for the KM's that come on the rubi, but your also paying for the duelers lol that blows.
Actually you are paying for 17" Painted MOAB RIMS and 17" GoodYear Wranglers in the S package ... and then also paying again for the 17" Polished MOABS and KM's from the RUBI. So you paying for 10 17" rims and tires but only get 5 of them ...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Actually the $995 you are paying is the upgrade price (price difference) between the X base crappy 16" steelies w/goodyears (as indicated on left column of sticker price) and the 17" alloys with the BFGs. Even though we can pick up Rubi wheels and tires cheap I'll bet if you ask a dealer how much it will cost you to buy a Rubi rim and tire you would sh*t yourself. My guess would be $200 per tire, $400 per rim, + $100 TPMS per rim. They also added on $825 as the difference for the A/T trans opposed to Standard trans. According to the sticker it is the 24B package not the S package.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually the $995 you are paying is the upgrade price (price difference) between the X base crappy 16" steelies w/goodyears (as indicated on left column of sticker price) and the 17" alloys with the BFGs. Even though we can pick up Rubi wheels and tires cheap I'll bet if you ask a dealer how much it will cost you to buy a Rubi rim and tire you would sh*t yourself. My guess would be $200 per tire, $400 per rim, + $100 TPMS per rim. They also added on $825 as the difference for the A/T trans opposed to Standard trans. According to the sticker it is the 24B package not the S package.

Yup ... you are correct. When I saw the price of that JK I thought it had the S package .... :shaking:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
:pissed:In the ad they call it a "SUV". Wakeup dealer it's a fawking Jeep not a SUV.:thefinger:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
:pissed:In the ad they call it a "SUV". Wakeup dealer it's a fawking Jeep not a SUV.:thefinger:
Awe come on, it's the original Sport Utility Vehicle:smokin:..........All others just use the term loosely.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Those prices are from Chrysler/Jeep, fellas. That's the way it goes.
Also, Surf Blue is an '09 color.
Rubi wheels run around $365 each retail, last time I checked. KM's run $125 each with my discount at parts, around $150 each without. If you do that math, it's not a bad deal- Mark W.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Not a bad deal for those wanting to spend $6000 more for the rubicon because they like the way it looks! The optional equipment always replaces the standard equipment as indicated.

Jason

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yup. You got it exactly right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those prices are from Chrysler/Jeep, fellas.
Also, Surf Blue is an '09 color.
Not according to jeep.com. Surf blue, some new green, and charcoal are the new 2010 colors. They are all ugly except perhaps the charcoal.

That is why I am curious how they have a 2009 Surf Blue JK. I am wondering if when they started up the 2009 line again they just decided to start doing the 2010 colors also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not according to jeep.com. Surf blue, some new green, and charcoal are the new 2010 colors. They are all ugly except perhaps the charcoal.

That is why I am curious how they have a 2009 Surf Blue JK. I am wondering if when they started up the 2009 line again they just decided to start doing the 2010 colors also.

After resuming Jeep assembly at the end of July, workers spent about two weeks building 2009 models. Surf Blue was manufactured in significant quantities during that period.

As of last Friday (August 14) 2010 models are being assembled.

Here are pix of 2009 X's from a the beginning of August. A number of dealers have them in stock.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12702

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Where on jeep.com are you finding 2010 colors? I dont see it anywhere.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FYI .... the RUBI wheel option on an S package X is $395 ... that's a pretty good deal ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts