JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been without a Jeep for a couple of years now, we cruised by a dealer in Jackson, Wy. on Saturday and fell for an '08 2DR Sahara. She'll be following us around for a while now. She is #8 in a long line of Jeeps, and I loved my '03 Rubicon, but I think this '08 will give it a run for it's money. A TJ is a great Jeep, but man, what they have done with the JK is amazing. It's not as peppy as a TJ but it pulls pretty good. It needs some sway bar disconnects, and a couple of other things, but it's a good Jeep overall.

We pull our Jeep behind our motorhome, and it's already wheeled in Wyoming and will wheel in every state before we are through.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This would be Number 5 and the only one I have a picture of. This is the Jeep that the Darkrubitj name stems from. She's an '03 Rubi. After this Jeep my Lady purchased an '04 Rubi, then we had an '05 Grand and now we have the '08 JK. Before this one there was a '75 CJ-5, a '77 CJ-7, a '95 YJ and an '02 KJ

·
Registered
749 Posts
This would be Number 5 and the only one I have a picture of. This is the Jeep that the Darkrubitj name stems from. She's an '03 Rubi. After this Jeep my Lady purchased an '04 Rubi, then we had an '05 Grand and now we have the '08 JK. Before this one there was a '75 CJ-5, a '77 CJ-7, a '95 YJ and an '02 KJ

Welcome,......& awesome looking Rubi..

·
Registered
827 Posts
Have you been stopped by the cops yet?

I thought Armor All was illegal on a Jeep.;)

Great little site here with good info.....have fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You had to go there didn't you PBach? Ok, here's the story. That's the first day we owned Darkrubi and she had just come home. That's why she's all detailed up. Now for the rest of the story, we purchased her "Used" as you see her, with 228 miles on the clock. The list of after market adds was tremendous

4" Skyjacker Lift
Weld 15 x 8 forged wheels
Procomp 33 x 12.50 x 15 Extremes
Daystar Front Pre Runner bumper
Currie Swing Out rear Bumper
Gibson Cat Back Exhaust
K&N CAI

There's probably some more stuff that I've forgotten over the years but it was one awesome Jeep. When we purchased her she was 10 days old, she was purchased new on July 12, 2003 and we bought her July 22, 2003. First owner purchased her, drove to a local shop in Virginia Beach and had everything added about $5500 bucks worth if I remember correctly. He traded her back to the same dealer for a Hummer H-1 ( ya can't fix stupid). The dealer we bought her from made us sign a wavier that stated she had no warranty because of all the parts, no big deal, I wouldn't let them work on my skateboard let alone something with moving parts. I took it to my regular dealer and asked the service manager what he would cover and he said anything that's factory.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You had to go there didn't you PBach? Ok, here's the story. That's the first day we owned Darkrubi and she had just come home. That's why she's all detailed up. Now for the rest of the story, we purchased her "Used" as you see her, with 228 miles on the clock. The list of after market adds was tremendous

4" Skyjacker Lift
Weld 15 x 8 forged wheels
Procomp 33 x 12.50 x 15 Extremes
Daystar Front Pre Runner bumper
Currie Swing Out rear Bumper
Gibson Cat Back Exhaust
K&N CAI

There's probably some more stuff that I've forgotten over the years but it was one awesome Jeep. When we purchased her she was 10 days old, she was purchased new on July 12, 2003 and we bought her July 22, 2003. First owner purchased her, drove to a local shop in Virginia Beach and had everything added about $5500 bucks worth if I remember correctly. He traded her back to the same dealer for a Hummer H-1 ( ya can't fix stupid). The dealer we bought her from made us sign a wavier that stated she had no warranty because of all the parts, no big deal, I wouldn't let them work on my skateboard let alone something with moving parts. I took it to my regular dealer and asked the service manager what he would cover and he said anything that's factory.

Haha. Nice man. Just razz'n ya!;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although it's probably sacrilege, we didn't want another Rubi. We wanted another Jeep for a couple of reasons. We wanted something that we could tow 4 down behind our motorhome and a Jeep is one of the easiest vehicles to do that with. We travel and live full time in our coach so we wanted something that would be reliable and had dealer support in every little town in the country. We just left Pinedale WY. a great little town of 1400 people in northwestern Wyoming and there was a Jeep dealer there. Lastly we wanted something that we could go off road with, not serious double throw down rock crawling off road, just fire roads and stuff like that. I only had two requirements for this Jeep and that was it came equipped with rear Trac-Loc diff. and it does have it, and that it was a two door. I guess I've been around too many Jeeps but I just can't warm up to the 4 door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts