• xkid - #7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dbovine - #8

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I guess I will go first.

I bought my 15 JKUR with 19 miles on it. She (I think she's a she?) spent her youth as my daily driver going to and from the grocery store and soccer practice. As a Weekend Warrior she traveled at least once a month for several years to Rausch Creek Off Road Park between 30 and 40 times. Plus, AAOA about three times just up the road from RC. She's wheeled Uwharrie in NC twice. She also spent a few trips up to the Cove in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Then it all changed and the miles quickly added up.

Fall of 2019 with about 47,000 miles on her we added 10,000 miles in a month traveling across the US and back visiting NC, TN, MS, MO, CO, AZ and SoCal. Wheeling in Sedona, Kingman, The Mojave Desert, Gold Mountain, Pinyon Canyon, the San Juan's then all the way back to Maryland.

2020 it was back to Colorado to stay and there she really racked up the miles. Back to Kingman twice, and Moab a few times wheeling Kane Creek, Steel Bender, Fins and Things and more. She wheeled EJS 2020 even though it was cancelled. I like to think I kept the spirit of EJS alive that year. We got kicked of BLM land but was able to do some wheeling in Moab.

She's been all over the San Juan Mountain Range, the Alpine Loop with all it's passes like Engineer, Hurricane, Cinnamon, and Stoney Pass. Oh can't forget Chinaman's Gulch and Toll Road Gulch. Then another trek to Mojave Road. Finally, it was time to tackle the Rubicon Trail. My boys and I drove America's loneliest highway to Loon Lake. She wheeled that trail like a champ! Then all the way back to Colorado. A short jaunt over to the Hole in the Rock Trail in Utah. Then..... out to Corpus Christi, Texas and back to Colorodo. Then another trek to the Rubicon Trail to pick up a broke down Jeep and tow it back to Colorado.

Then... a lot of highway miles from Colorado to Minnesota to Cheyenne Wyoming. WHEW! Now she can wait to see the Rockies in the North and hopefully the Big Horns!!!
Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Tachometer

· Premium Member
2,114 Posts
View attachment 367619
View attachment 367620 View attachment 367619 View attachment 367620

This is my 2011 Sahara JKU that I purchased brand new in January 2011. I needed a 4x4 to replace a 1985 Chief 4x4 that broke down one too many times. This Bright Silver Sahara immediately caught my eye on the Dealership’s lot on that cold wintery day right after New Year’s Day. I knew I needed a 4x4 to get to work in any weather conditions, so only a Jeep would do. The only thing was, I thought I understood the difference between Wrangler models but it wasn’t until later on that I really got the message that Rubicon’s rule in the off reading scene because of all their hard core standard equipment they come with in stock form. I love my Sahara and instead of upgrading to a Rubicon in 2012, I decided to make my Sahara into my very own personal vision of what I wanted in a Wrangler. I studied various Jeep magazines, pod casts including Jeep Mama’s You-Tube channel and talked to friends in the Jeep Community before I began to build my dream Jeep. Little by little, over the years I’ve added armor, LSDiff’s, larger tires of course, heavy duty suspension front and rear, 2” Mopar lift, Remote Start along with lots of other goodies along the way. My Sahara never let me down, even though we’ve been on some rough trail adventures at AOAA I had no business being on. Since I worked in the same town I lived in, the only serious mileage I racked up was going to and from Jeep events and off reading. My Sahara is still a work in progress, my latest upgrade is heavy duty front axle shafts and bearings. I still enjoy my Sahara as much as the very first day I saw it, only now it’s more like a Rubicon underneath. oIIIIIIIo
You are lucky to have such low mileage!
Thanks for watching!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts