JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here and this is my first post and I am trying to find a muffler that will be a performance upgrade but not be so loud and annoying. the jeep is my wifes dd and we dont like the honda sound. I would rather have no sound than a pissed off bee! I want to relocate if I can find a muffler with a good sound thats not to loud. can anyone help
thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Im new here and this is my first post and I am trying to find a muffler that will be a performance upgrade but not be so loud and annoying. the jeep is my wifes dd and we dont like the honda sound. I would rather have no sound than a pissed off bee! I want to relocate if I can find a muffler with a good sound thats not to loud. can anyone help
thanks
Try Above-um-all.
The kit relocates the muffler to the center of the Jeep and uses a fairly quiet Magnaflow. It is the least expensive kit, is super easy to install and the quality is top notch. Several of the guys on this site are using it.
Keep in mind that any muffler you put on behind the JK Mini Van engine will sound like a Honda. The Magnaflow is the quietest I've heard.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm running a Flowmaster 50 series and it does NOT sound like a honda. Or a bee. I've got a soundclip on this board somewhere....

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The Magnaflow is the quietest I've heard.
Depends on the model, I have a Magnaflow Wide Open (Cooltech kit) and it is far from quiet, in fact it is pretty loud. Definitely doesn't sound like a ricer though and is a pretty nice sound, but not quiet.

·
Registered
827 Posts
No offense to anyone but I've heard just about every muffler out there on a JK. It's a wimpy little V6 engine. Let's get real.....they all sound like a Honda.

·
Registered
962 Posts
No offense to anyone but I've heard just about every muffler out there on a JK. It's a wimpy little V6 engine. Let's get real.....they all sound like a Honda.
You have not heard MINE, it does not sound like a honda.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No honda sound here. Sounds like a deep throated v-6. Went with an aftermarket turbo muffler.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try the Magnaflow 50 series with the Wood muff relocate kit (jeepswag.com). He actually did mine and, yes at first it was a little annoying but now it is seems to be getting a deeper, richer tone. Woods is also on a member of this forum.

Good luck.

A

·
0 Posts
Depends on the model, I have a Magnaflow Wide Open (Cooltech kit) and it is far from quiet, in fact it is pretty loud. Definitely doesn't sound like a ricer though and is a pretty nice sound, but not quiet.
X2. I like the sound of mine.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a Flowmaster Delta 50 in the stock location and am very happy with it. It is smaller, so there is less chance of banging it on rocks and I did not have to move my evap can. It does not sound ricey, either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts