JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put your top up?? im just curious as last year (first spring/summer) with the jeep i got caught in a freak downpour where me and my buddy were frantically trying to get the top up. we did ok during the situation but am curious approx how long it takes you under "stress" :shaking:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Just the top or total up including windows? If caught in a pop-up shower I can throw the top up in less than 2 minutes. Side & rear windows, if it's raining hard, I leave em out cuz I'd just get soaked putting them on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2 minutes tops. Ha Get it :) Anyhow yes about 2 minutes. Where I live it never stays sunny for long so you get good at it :) That is windows and everything.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I used to be able to do it in 2 minutes but my top is so f'ed up now I don't think I could. My zippers are full of mud and warped all to hell so if I actually had to put them in I'd be screwed. My top is all moldy and gross and I'm not even sure if it would go down let alone back up.

If I ever get my top down again and it starts raining I'd just see it as a nice (a well needed) opportunity to wash the inside of the Jeep. :beer:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
id say 15-30 seconds from the time i get out the driver door.
Then again i have the ORH top lol

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Caught with top down in downpour put the top up in 1min out the door and I'm almost 60. Whew. Around the corner was a car wash pulled in and put the sides on and the back. Then it stopped raining.:shaking:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Not as fast as it can come off, that's for sure...:grinpimp:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used to be able to do it in 2 minutes but my top is so f'ed up now I don't think I could. My zippers are full of mud and warped all to hell so if I actually had to put them in I'd be screwed. My top is all moldy and gross and I'm not even sure if it would go down let alone back up.

If I ever get my top down again and it starts raining I'd just see it as a nice (a well needed) opportunity to wash the inside of the Jeep. :beer:
Reading this out of context was fun. Thanks for the laughs:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
one day i had the top down and saw a storm coming, could see the rain heading my way and got that sucker up in less that 2 mins, i just roll up my back window so that saves a lot of time, glad i didnt have a hard top

1 - 19 of 19 Posts