JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I join these forums I always ask if there is anyone else out there from North Dakota. I've never received a response, but there got to be more of us out there.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I live in Beulah, about an hour west of Bismarck

I also know jeepgrl (go on my profile, on my friends list) lives in ND

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If you mean trails like the city streets when they're covered in a foot of snow or gravel roads, then yes.... but, no, I haven't found any trails to ride on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry I missed this post....yeh for North Dakota!! Count me in (Bismarck):D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey you guys should drive by CK Auto and check out Chris's big black Jeep sitting out front, I think he put a Hemi in it and the tires are freakin HUGE!! It's been sitting out in front of his building and he also has a pretty sweet red Rubicon sitting there too for sale. Too bad I don't have a rich uncle somewhere I might start a collection...ha ha:D

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You should take some photos for us less fortunate who probably won't get to see it..... Going deer hunting near Killdeer, so Bismarck is out of the question.

·
Registered
169 Posts
We're heading to Killdeer next weekend for Bambi, save us some. My sister lives up there. Check out CKauto.com maybe the jeeps are listed.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Okay, all this nice weather is screwing me up. Usually you're not supposed to be able to wash your Jeep in the driveway in late November while wearing a T-shirt. Anyone remember around how much snow we had at this time last year?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Just would like to wish my fellow North Dakota Jeepers a Merry Christmas.

Maybe I'll spot a few of you Bismarck Jeepers while we're down on Saturday visiting family

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another 2010 JK In Bismarck

Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

There is so few JK's around, you can almost remember all of them.

jjw
ND

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Sorry, can't help ya. Our Grand Cherokee has only been to Corwin Churchill twice in the three years we've owned it. Once for some warranty work, second for 60,000 mile fluid change.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine should arrive in another couple weeks. It will be a Red Rock 4D Sahara. Those of you that have serviced your Jeeps in Bismarck....how are they towards modifications (lifts, tires, etc)?

jjw
ND
So far no major issues with mine, but I would definately take it back to Chris at Ck auto if it needed work, he knows Jeeps. I love Raceday for oil changes and they do synthetic reasonable and you get free car washes with every oil change. They are super friendly and don't try to screw you. Corwin is highway robbery on parts I can't imagine repairs. They wanted like $28 for a door grommet on my old YJ, I found them on line in packs of 3 for less than that. I suppose you will have warranty for awhile, but you better check if it voids warranty work if you mod it, some of those butt heads won't touch it if you changed things. See ya around town, it's gettin warmer and about time to loose the top!!:D wooo hooo

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

jjw
ND

Do you have the Jeep now? Saw a red rock Sahara 4dr w/ dealer tags at Kirkwood today, wanted to follow and put my JKO card on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bismarck

Bismarck here. 07 Red Rock Unlimited Rubicon, hard top and bone stock (for now, I'm agaonizing over what rock rails/steps I want to get).

If you see me... WAVE! Pull me over and we can talk. Stick a JKO card on it if I'm in a parking lot, whatever!

So far I've had a sum total of 2 ppl Jeep Wave at me here (one wasn't even IN a Jeep) sionce I bought this thing 2 weeks ago, I'm starting to get an inferiority complex! It's nothing like when I owned a CJ5 back in the 80s.

Anyhow, we need a Jeep club here, even if it's to go burn hotdogs at Sertoma or the desert.

Send me a friend request on here if you're interested.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ND laws?

I might be in the Tioga area for work and I was wondering of I'll get hassled for no mud flaps and my fender flares being cut. Where I live now we don't get much rain and no snow so it isn't an issue, cops don't take a second look at you here. You can see in my profile picture that the flares are cut back quite a bit. I am running 37 X 12.5's Let me know if you know if this will be an issue for me, Thanks.:beer:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another Bismarck'ian here! I have my '09 unlimited Rubicon (black), and my fiancee drives an '02 TJ on 35's.My ride is an '09 unlimited rubicon, 17k miles. Mods include
-3.5" Clayton hard arm suspension
-clayton high steer kit
-35" cooper STT's on stock wheels/spidertrax spacers
-Warn front bumper with powerplant
-5.38's are on order
-Tatton front shaft is on order, and if I like it, a rear will soon follow!
-And a few other small doo-dads!

I go mess around at kimbal bottoms whenever i get the itch, or just go drive gravel roads/section lines. We do trips to the black hills here and there, and have bigger trips in the works (moab/rubicon trail!)!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yall ought to swing down here to SD for Jeep Camp and Dakota Territory Challenge. If you need more info check out bh4wheelers..com or blackhillsjeeps..com

1 - 20 of 33 Posts