JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and a few others are going to Scottsmoor. FL aka Brevard County Game Refuge that is located just off I-95 and Hwy 5A (A little south of New Smyrna Bch, FL on Saturday March 5th. There is a limited number of tent sights at Crystal Lake RV park (http://www.crystallakervpark.com/) for those who want to stay the night. Im not planning on it but you never know...

I will be there by 9:00am on Saturday. It's 2 hours from Jax, 1 from O-town, etc.. You litterally get off of I-95 and turn west and the road dead ends into it in 20 yards. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Post up if you will be there and if you plan on staying the night or not:
ME - FLG8TR

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do I take off the quote bars?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
what kind of trails are out there
x2............ :beer:
Hmmmm.....lets see...its Florida....so I'm going with sand and mud.....:thefinger::laughing:

Joking aside, it can be a fun place to spend the day with friends, you can find some deep holes to play in and twisting turning trails. If you get back into some of the under growth areas and start running over fallen trees, watch out for the smaller hidden stumps.....they aren't so kind to tires.....:laughing:

The biggest trick is locating the canal crossing to enter into the larger section. The big mud hole is obvious from the aerial view.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
X2, check it out from google maps. I was there for just a few mins and saw so much fun stuff, I can't wait to go back with a group and check it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
X2, check it out from google maps. I was there for just a few mins and saw so much fun stuff, I can't wait to go back with a group and check it all out.
If you just checked out the smaller area immediately off I-95, then you definitely haven't even scratched the surface. :D

whaere is the canal?
Looking at the map, you'll see a very defined cut in the foliage. As you zoom in you will see the cut is a teal green color...that's the canal and I believe there is only one crossing. It's been several years since I was with a group in was in the back section. As the date approaches I'll know better if I can make it out.

You definitely want front and rear tow points on all the Jeeps as well as at least one winch in the group cause I can guarantee at least on stuck Jeep. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
If you just checked out the smaller area immediately off I-95, then you definitely haven't even scratched the surface. :D

Looking at the map, you'll see a very defined cut in the foliage. As you zoom in you will see the cut is a teal green color...that's the canal and I believe there is only one crossing. It's been several years since I was with a group in was in the back section. As the date approaches I'll know better if I can make it out.

You definitely want front and rear tow points on all the Jeeps as well as at least one winch in the group cause I can guarantee at least on stuck Jeep. :laughing:
i thought that was it but it looked green i was expecting blue

I think I'll be able to make it. I'd really like to go.
yay:D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only 3 of us so far... Come on guys, who else can make it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It's been rainy around here and usually that means it will be WET out there. However, with the amount of dry weather we've had leading up to it, it's probably still in a deficit.

I've probably posted these before, but here's what it looks like during the wet season. These pics are mild

There was one point I had water up to my waist....while seated inside the Jeep

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Forgot to mention, that's the first weekend of bike week, so watch for the bikers in the area.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is going to be a bad weekend for me going from speedweeks to bike week, I have been slammed at the job. If I can get free I will let yall know.

Robert

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would March 12th work Better for some? TBP, can you switch time off?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts