JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i finally sold my diesel pulling truck and got a 4Dr Rubicon and just getting into the offroading thing now, and looking to throw on some 18" wheels with nitto mud grapplers but just wondering how the completely stock jeep will flex with 33s i know some rubbing is going to occur but just how much rubbing is what im trying figure out. Not looking to go extreme just some offroading till i gather money for protection.

THANKS !!
DAN

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
search will be your greatest friend. you will rub stock with 33"s you will need to put atleast a leveling kit on it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Or put on some wheel spacers. You could do some trimming too and get rid of the rub.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm running 33 nittos stock and I cut my front fenders. No problems now. But I still rub in the rear at max flew I almost tear my fender off. Its already come off once. I either need to buy rear flares or lift my jeep. But overall its very doable and not that annoying to deal with.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
O and buy new wheels with the right backspacing helps a lot too.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm running 33 nittos stock and I cut my front fenders. No problems now. But I still rub in the rear at max flew I almost tear my fender off. Its already come off once. I either need to buy rear flares or lift my jeep. But overall its very doable and not that annoying to deal with.
Just put a leveling kit on and you won't rub at all.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like ill be getting a lift kit first then lol who has reliable 4" lift kits for a decent price ?

links would be helpful

THANKS !
Dan

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Looks like ill be getting a lift kit first then lol who has reliable 4" lift kits for a decent price ?

links would be helpful

THANKS !
Dan
Look at Rock Krawler Suspension first. They're the best in my opinion. Look at their setups and then search you options.

If you want to search the forum, go to Google and type in your search word followed by site:jkowners.com (i.e. rock krawer site:jkowners.com). Better than the forum search option.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And welcome, BTW :beer:
THANKS !

Now i just did a little research on which i should choose SA or LA people i was just reading some reviews on different forums and guys are saying thier is a differnce and thier isnt a different wether its ride quality or flexing

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Someone is giving me a lift anyway so I won't rub soon

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
THANKS !

Now i just did a little research on which i should choose SA or LA people i was just reading some reviews on different forums and guys are saying thier is a differnce and thier isnt a different wether its ride quality or flexing
If it's a DD I'd say go with a Mid Arm system. Depends on what you wanna do with it? What size tires you wanna run? Hard wheeling? Occasional wheeling? The more info the easier it is for people to point you in the right direction. There's guys running 37's on 2.5 inches of lift.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it's a DD I'd say go with a Mid Arm system. Depends on what you wanna do with it? What size tires you wanna run? Hard wheeling? Occasional wheeling? The more info the easier it is for people to point you in the right direction. There's guys running 40's on 2.5 inches of lift.
Def going with 33s, undecided on the lift though im just doing occasional wheeling nothing way to extreme, i was looking at the rough country 4" xseries lift bc its kinda in the range i wanna spend nothing over 2k, now ive read you need both front and rear driveshafts? like i said im a noob just learning as i go

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Def going with 33s, undecided on the lift though im just doing occasional wheeling nothing way to extreme, i was looking at the rough country 4" xseries lift bc its kinda in the range i wanna spend nothing over 2k, now ive read you need both front and rear driveshafts? like i said im a noob just learning as i go
4 inch and 33's will look crazy....flat fenders and a 2inch plus would be awsome...keep in mind you will need to adress the rear driveline in a 4dr over 3.5...also the RC shocks suck big time fyi....my .02:D

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
With more than 3" of lift your driveshafts will take a beating. If you want 33's there's no need to go with a 4" lift. I'd recommend the Rock Krawler Stock Mod system...2.5" of lift and you can clear up to 35's with flat fenders. I'm running that system with 35's...you can see a pic if you click my username.

Here's the kit I'm taking about:
http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog/index.php?r_itemID=338

Get up with Marcus at RiverCity Offroad he's a vendor here and a great guy...won't steer you wrong.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if 33"s is as big as you wanna go then all you will need is a leveling kit or a 2" lift kit.

im running rustys 2" kit and cut fenders with 35"s http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-200B-JK&Category_Code=JKKITS

dont worry about being a newb we were all there. just grab your favorite beverage and start reading.
i have same exactly jeep as you and thats what i want it to look like, now how is your flex, good? and also the ride quality on and off the road ?

THANKS
Dan

·
Registered
961 Posts
Why an 18" wheel for 33's? You would save a ton of dough going with a 15” wheel and tire package. And not only would it be a lot cheaper, but it would serve you much better off road in my opinion…;)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts