JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the stock 17R wheels on my Sahara unlimited. My thoughts are to get a 1.75" lift from RockCrawler and throw some 33MT tires on the stock wheels? I was also planning to powder coat the wheels black.

What are some thoughts on this, pros cons etc.... trying to keep things down on cost, but add some larger tires and maybe a bit more clearance.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
FWIW,
Stock Sahara tires ride on an 18" rim. Sidewall will read 255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler. I only know this because I'm in the process of replacing my stockers at the moment.

33" tires will likely rub a little at full turn or when flexed (since my stock 32" tires rubbed on the swaybar) but you should be able to get them on a Sahara without too much trouble. Maybe a little fender lining trim and you're good to go.

The rubi comes with a 33" tire, so it shouldn't present too much of a problem if you're an honest 33" tire.

·
Registered
266 Posts
FWIW,
Stock Sahara tires ride on an 18" rim. Sidewall will read 255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler. I only know this because I'm in the process of replacing my stockers at the moment.

33" tires will likely rub a little at full turn or when flexed (since my stock 32" tires rubbed on the swaybar) but you should be able to get them on a Sahara without too much trouble. Maybe a little fender lining trim and you're good to go.

The rubi comes with a 33" tire, so it shouldn't present too much of a problem if you're an honest 33" tire.
A rubi tire is a 32 not 33

1 - 3 of 3 Posts