JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for options for running with no rear bumper. I don't want to run with bare frame rails and I want to keep some kind of recovery point. The closest I have found to what I'm looking for is from SWAG but I think he quit making it. What other options are out there?

Marcus from RCO, if your reading this, you mentioned something to me this afternoon to check out but I forget now what it was. You remember?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
You could either do your own- cutting off the rear frame rials, and welding/ boxing in a fabbed steel cross-member (bumper) with welded in shackle tabs/ rec mount....

or look into the minimalist choices from Rock Krawler or Poison Spyder. Both make a very low-profile bolt on with great departure angle. The PS one, you have to remove some of the OEM rear cross-member IIRC.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the BFH is nice but I'm just not sure I'm ready to clearance my frame rails yet. And the RK is not yet available and has no recovery points.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Bodyguy <member here, did a very cool no bumper mod. He cut the rear frame a bit shorter and welded in a new cross member. He also welded on recovery points. I thinnk that Stu ^ post above, did something close to being the same. Great idea if you ask me and its on my never ending list of mods to make.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, if I'm going to cut any way. I will just go with the BFH. It would be the cleanest option. I just need to man up and cut the frame.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any one else have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks like it could work well. Can't find it on their site though. Guess I can email them and ask.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yeah the BFH is nice but I'm just not sure I'm ready to clearance my frame rails yet. And the RK is not yet available and has no recovery points.

It was actually pretty easy to do. Use a plasma cutter though. Cut through it like butter.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That looks like it could work well. Can't find it on their site though. Guess I can email them and ask.
From what I gathered from their post on facebook it seems as if this is a new product that hasn't been released quite yet. It definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to email them about it though.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
anyone end up getting one of these??? want it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was in the same boat and ordered the EVO frame caps but got tired of waiting on their release. I didn't want to cut the frame yet and still wanted the option of a hitch without having to fabricate something up so the Poison Spyder BFH was out. I went with the JCR offroad rear stubby. Made in Michigan, clean and great price. I keep meaning to get pics up. It is the best option for a great clearance rear stubby that just bolts right on without cutting and looks cleaner that bare rails.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Rugged Ridge has their new aluminum XHD bumper. You get the bumperettes and can purchase an optional center piece.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i'm pretty sure i read a posting by rock krawler that said that they weren't going to put their rear bumper into fab. but i think they said they were going to just do the front bumper. i could be wrong, but i really liked the rear bumper and would've bought it in a heart beat! :koolaid:

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Rugged Ridge has their new aluminum XHD bumper. You get the bumperettes and can purchase an optional center piece.

The more I see this the more I like it. I'd probably opt for the center piece. To me it looks a little unfinished otherwise.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts

Not a fan, looks like you have a pair of boobs with titty rings on the back of that thing.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I wish evo would make a rear.... Wishful thinking! But these things are sweet! Not the rugged ridge but the evo!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually like the Rugged Ridge Bumper Pods. Unfortunately, they look to be out of my price range. A little over $500 to a little over $700 for just the Bumper Pods. I have also contacted EVO for those rear shackles but haven't heard back from them. So for me it looks like JCR Offroad will probably gettin my cash.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Im having this current debate trying to put the heavy lady on a diet
I'm thinking about the evo frame d ring mounts with an orfab aluminum
Tire carrier

1 - 20 of 30 Posts