JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of the cities around Riverside sponsor the 4th of July in the sky fireworks and radio program. The fireworks are launched from the top of Mt. Rubidoux while a synchronized radio program is played on KOLA99.9FM. It's a cool show.
Over the last two years I have paid particular attention to the music. One song is absent - The Star Spangled Banner. Some people may not notice, some may not care. I do and I'm certain there are many other Veterans who do. Some people may not feel connected to it, or just think because Christina Aguillera can't remember the simple lyrics that it's not worth remembering.
If it wasn't for the battle that the song describes, this would not be the country that those people don't care about. If you care about this country, no matter which side of the aisle youstand on, join me. Write to the company that produces the show, Pyro Spectaculars. Here's the link to their contact page: http://www.pyrospectaculars.com/contactpyrospectaculars.html
I contacted the Production Director at KOLA. He forwarded my email. I believe he has no control on this issue. However, if you are in a city that sponsors this show, contact your City Council Member to ask that they address this issue with the Council Members of your city. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What a load of crap....what has this country become. :shaking: Isn't that the whole point of the fireworks on the 4th of July!?!

And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

That irks me!:pissed:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great replies! Follow the link and let them know they're stepping on toes all across this country. Thanks!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,085 Posts
Good looking out for. What a travesty in the making.

Remember all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. You sir are doing something and showing the rest of us so that we may do something.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Good catch. Did they give you a contact from the radio station that we can email?

In SoCal? They're probably afraid they'll hurt the illegal alien's feelings.
As stupid as your statement sounds it's probably dead on. Some of the crap
they do here is insane.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Pussification at it's finest.

I feel rather confident that the same shit wouldn't go around here... and a whole bunch of places across this great land of ours.

We just hear more about the pockets of spineless pricks that have forgotten what they should be very thankful for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Haven't received a response from Pyrospectaculars. Here's their phone number - (888) 477-PYRO (7976) The radio station program manager forwarded my concern and gave me their name. I looked them up and give their information to you. They do shows across the nation from what I gather, so I believe that authorizes nation-wide phone calls. Jeff is the name of the guy you want to talk to. I'll post up any responses I get.
Buy the Way Gunny, no need to call me sir, we were probably Corporals at the same time. Semper fi,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got a reply from KOLA FM. Seems like they care!!!
Here's the reply from the radio station.

I did speak with Pyrospectacular and they like your idea. However, they did the music for the program almost 2 months ago and they can't make changes because of the technical work of synchronizing the fireworks.

- Gary

I put in a long-term song request for the Star Spangled Banner as the last song of the station's day before the fireworks program. I'll keep you posted. IF we get this, on the 4th of July, if you are within reach of KOLA FM 99.9, drive your Jeep out to where you can see the top of Mt. Rubidoux, and if you hear our National Anthem, PLAY IT LOUD!
If we get this, I'll post the time to be tuned in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can see the eyes rolling already, I don't know what the flames on my thread stand for. Is it a topic that's on fire, or would someone like to open fire?
Sorry, I have a life outside cyberspace so some of this is like learning a new language...

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Wow. I will be passing this info along to my corporate office to ensure we are not using these assholes. They have a month to rethink the show and include the SSB, but they would rather stay their course of douchebaggery.

Cant/Wont be a part of that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly, they probably have it set that way for more than one function. The company probably sells the same program for different events. Same order of pyro, same music. Thus, trying to coordinate a specific song would require more R&D (so to speak) and cut into the profit.

Still, it's the path this nation will continue on. Rome fell.....so can we. I've given my life to this country and am saddened by it. I'll retire outside of the US unless something HUGE changes within the next 4 years.

I remember Mesa, AZ one year did the show on Monday, July 5th. Why? Mormons don't work on sunday and they were contracted to do the show. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well I emailed the company and told them of my disgust especially after reading their family history on their site. Also posted this travesty on my facebook page and asked everyone to please email the company. If we dont stand together now our children will not have a pleasant country to grow up in

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just stumbled across you thread, hope you get to hear S.S.B. this year at your fire works show. I go to a local truck and tractor pull in North East NC and they will not start the National Anthem until every one in the crowd has thier hat removed. I guess being in the military for some of us, it is common since but others out there can leave the country. I cant confirm or deny we have illegals working in our area but even they make an effort to pay their dues to our country during these moments.

:usa:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, time to pull this one back out. Pyrospectaculars has refused to cooperate. Here's what we can do - call the radio station starting on July 1st all the way through the 4th to request that they play the Star Spangled Banner as the last song of the day before the fireworks program starts.
I ask one thing, BE NICE. The station program manager has been very helpful in communicating with the fireworks company. We are asking a favor. Let's just give them a documentable voice that they can show to Pyrospectaculars and convince them that they need to include our National Anthem in their next and ALL FUTURE shows.

Here'e the request line number: KOLA 99.9FM (909)798-5600

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts