JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Fiat has entered the fray, and the continued decline of an American icon is now a certainty, the idea of purchasing a restored from the ground up, inside and out, Toyota FJ-40 makes more sense now....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Off-road vehicle

·
Registered
780 Posts
I remember seeing something in fourwheeler or 4wheel&offroad a year or 2 ago about a company that was building "new" FJ-40's. they had alumimum bodies and I think a couple different engine options (one of them a V-8), but they were pretty pricey too. I wish I could remember their name. Looked just like the old FJ-40's too. I gotta admit, if toyota would build something that resembled the old FJ's a litte more closely, had a solid front axle, and had a soft top, I'd be all over it.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was trailing with one last summer. Man a lift with leaf springs? I was getting sea sick just following it. Finally it wallowed on a very minor obstacle and tipped on its side. I always wanted one when I was a young fellow, but now I'm likin' the JK much more.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah....who's Roxy, dumbass?

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I'll just hijack my own thread... no mods are needed here...McNutty has stopped posting National Geographic like nudes of girls, and Billy Goat has stopped posting pics of pre-pubescent Asian transvestites...we can police ourselves....:thefinger:;)

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
just like new, maybe better

I saw a fully restored FJ at the autoshow. The company doing it does an awesome job. They're just like new, maybe better, but like 40-50K.
Billy, Your truck still has a few miles left in it. And it I remember correctly there are still a couple of places left to dent it up more.... :) Go Rocks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.