JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MARCH 13 got jk back from dealer to reflash and replace TC. Today i got up
early to change oil in jeep before work and guess what i found? give up?
one missing bolt,one bolt that is almost all the way out, also a f#*king
transmission oil leak coming from the observation plate(?) where the TC is located. wiped it off started jeep then drip ,drip, drip!!! I JUST WANT TO SHOVE THIS TRANNY UP THE TECH A$$. called dealer to explain what i found
(to this point i was very polite) service writer told me that they couldn't get
jeep in untill thursday march 20 . things went down hill very quick after that
statement .after 15 minutes of %^##[email protected]@@$$**^%%$#@###$$$%&**
told them i was going to call DC . FOR SOME REASON THEY COULD get the jeep in . why could'nt they have just done that in the first place. i know
skibum aka grandpa was taking his jk in for same repairs. so i guess what i'm saying is if you can look over their work that they have done .

·
Registered
900 Posts
MARCH 13 got jk back from dealer to reflash and replace TC. Today i got up
early to change oil in jeep before work and guess what i found? give up?
one missing bolt,one bolt that is almost all the way out, also a f#*king
transmission oil leak coming from the observation plate(?) where the TC is located. wiped it off started jeep then drip ,drip, drip!!! I JUST WANT TO SHOVE THIS TRANNY UP THE TECH A$$. called dealer to explain what i found
(to this point i was very polite) service writer told me that they couldn't get
jeep in untill thursday march 20 . things went down hill very quick after that
statement .after 15 minutes of %^##[email protected]@@$$**^%%$#@###$$$%&**
told them i was going to call DC . FOR SOME REASON THEY COULD get the jeep in . why could'nt they have just done that in the first place. i know
skibum aka grandpa was taking his jk in for same repairs. so i guess what i'm saying is if you can look over their work that they have done .
Sorry to hear about your problems. I just drove mine home from the dealer. Turns out that the dealer I bought it from never did the initial reflash (even though I have a repair order and reciept that say otherwise). The dealer that worked on it today did the reflash. Initial results are mixed. The tranny seems more drivable in that the shift points seem somewhat improved and getting it to downshift no longer requires the accelerator to be flat on the floor, but the 1100-1300 rpm shudder (rumble?) is noticeably worse. :(

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
what I don't understand is the lack of care and honesty. Why can't these dealers take it for a ride before they call to say come and get it. If they are so unsure maybe they should go out for a test ride with you so you can point out the issues. I guess the Auto's have issues like the manuals. Edit: just different issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After I had my TC replaced it went away completely and hasn't been back since. When they just did the reflash it reappeared pretty quickly. Skibum- did the dealer just do the reflash like the TSB tells them to do first and hold off on replaceing the TC? My dealers tech. was not likeing haveing to change out the TC because it's a pain on the JK, lots of stuff to remove first but he's a Jeeper himself and did it right and it took three days with waiting on some exhaust bolts. I was up under it with him a few times and it really did look the a crappy job. Anyways just saying look them over close and make sure they did what they were supposed to. Sorry it's not working out for you guys. I'm telling you it's worth it once it's all fixed correctly. Oh yeah I ended up going through a local Dodge/Chrysler dealer because of their lead tech being into Jeeps himself and there was no problem with warranty claims, so if you need to look further for dealer satisfaction it's and option.
Rick K.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My dealer has not replaced the TC yet. Since the dealer I bought it from claimed to have done the flash, but starscan showed that they had not, it is reasonable that the current dealer only did the flash. It did not take care of the problem, so I will be calling them this morning to tell them and scheduling another appointment. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys,gals about the rant in this thread .
i should realize that there may be little jeepers reading on this site and what i said is my true feelings, it does'nt set a good example on how to solve problems that they may accure later in their lives. again sorry

·
Registered
900 Posts
sorry guys,gals about the rant in this thread .
i should realize that there may be little jeepers reading on this site and what i said is my true feelings, it does'nt set a good example on how to solve problems that they may accure later in their lives. again sorry
No worries robert. I, for one, certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately, I no longer know what I should do to resolve this type of conflict with Chrysler and the dealer. Being a nice guy doesn't seem to get you anywhere anymore. People just seam to view that as a sign of weakness and stupidity then they try to take advantage. But if you get angry, they just blow you off. Whatever happened to customer service? This is the first new vehicle I have ever purchased that was difficult to get warranty service for. Every other dealer just asked what was wrong and then, at a minimum, made an attempt to fix the problem. I've never gotten the "cannot duplicate problem" thing from a dealer until I bought my Jeep. My word that something was wrong was always good enough until now. What do they think, that I take nearly a full day to drive the vehicle to them, wait for it to be fixed then drive it home, because I have nothing better to do than make up problems? I don't get it.

A

·
0 Posts
What do they think, that I take nearly a full day to drive the vehicle to them, wait for it to be fixed then drive it home, because I have nothing better to do than make up problems? I don't get it.
That’s the part I don’t get either. My dealer is only 5 minutes away but it’s still hassle to take it in before work or whatever. It’s not like we wake up in the morning and suddenly decide to go piss off the Jeep dealer :shaking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts