JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else running no doors all summer? The last 2 years I gave up and put them back on, but I was determined this year. Iv'e had bikini top/nets and no doors since early July and so far so good (cept for wheeling in the mud - put them back on for that).

I put one of those trail covers on it when I think it's gonna rain. I've gotten to the point that I can throw hte trail cover on it in about 30 seconds.

Just curious if anyone else is doing it.

OH yeah, I cant park inside either - jeep is too tall :thefinger:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
As much as I love it with no doors, I drive mine to work and drive around all day. I can't be sportin a starched button down collar & slacks @ 100deg :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

I'll pull em off for a Hard Rock run or the beach though :D

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sorry to give a northeast tale; however, until this year I went no doors and only bikini (mesh or solid) and a trail cover for rain. After the trail cover failed and the puddles started(**** dont dry quick up here) I went back to doors and top just swap more often.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I love taking them off, but in Michigan it's often in the 50s when I leave work to head home. It's rather chilly. Add some rain to that and it just isn't fun so I don't leave mine off for more than a couple days at a time, and only when the weather is supposed to cooperate. Then again, this summer has been a rather cool year.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If I didn't have my dogs with me every day I would take them off and never put them back on (winter or summer). My dogs are dumb and they would fall out. I don't have a back seat.. or windows.. or anywhere to put them back there, so they sit in the front seat. (They come to work with me every day).

Maybe someone out there will design a net that completely covers the area where the door should be so that a stupid dog can't fall out :D

They are used to me being muddy at work :beer:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
mine are on...

i prefer to run all winter with out them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If I didn't have my dogs with me every day I would take them off and never put them back on (winter or summer). My dogs are dumb and they would fall out. I don't have a back seat.. or windows.. or anywhere to put them back there, so they sit in the front seat. (They come to work with me every day).

Maybe someone out there will design a net that completely covers the area where the door should be so that a stupid dog can't fall out :D

I take my 2 labs with me all the time with the doors and top off and they stay in there no matter what. Now while I'm driving they're in the back cuz I never have my backseat in. But suprisingly I could go into the store or something and they'll stay right in the jeep the whole time..

·
Registered
100 Posts
I,ve had good service from the Bestop soft doors.kinda noisy but they come off in seconds and lay in the back until I need them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I,ve had good service from the Bestop soft doors.kinda noisy but they come off in seconds and lay in the back until I need them.
That's what I'd like! It's fun driving in the rain sometimes but sometimes I'd like an easy swap for the doors. I hate carrying my doors up and down the flight of steps. My condo is on the second floor which sucks! Haha

·
Registered
5,834 Posts

i liked ur little doggs they were sitting right next to me during the give away meeting they were cute i thought what kind

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
boca grande sits on a weather break so we get sporatic f'd up rain falls. the weather can't decide if it wants to copy the Tamp weather or the Fort Myers weather. can't keep em off long enough. so i'm rawkin the hard top this summer with doors on. once the tub is linex and i have my seat covers i'll run bawls to the walls doorless and topless.

i need a raingear trail cover like you got karn. damn... one more thing to add to the list.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hell I ran Citrus both days with no doors or windows (cough cough)... still aint got all the dust outa the damn thing.... but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Put the doors on just so they got washed along with the rest of it. The bumpers and fenders sure don't come very clean though... scrubbed them and they still show mud marks... oh well the XHD will be on soon

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I've been loving it here in NC, have had doors off since May pretty much all the time cept for when traveling up to NJ or FL, though July 4th weekend I did drive 500 miles one way to St Augustine FL doorless and 500mi back to NC, it ROCKED:bounce::bounce: I hate doors, love driving in the rain without them and the soft top up. Iggee seats dry off with cpl paper towels :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
still scared to do this=( 1. It's florida and I havn't linexd the tub 2. I'm a young'n and have an expensive stereo that Id like to keep 3. back to #2 I dont have an aftermarket alarm yet and parkoutside in a condo in a college town. 4. need to get a door/hardtop carrier and a trail cover

After I get linex the tub get an alarm a way to store the doors and top and a trail cover I hope to run doorless and topless as much as possible:D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wish i could but a two year old and it's the wifes ride makes it tough up here.

They're off this w/e going to the lake overnight not bringing the doors for the first time. got the soft top and back windows but shouldn't need them.

i really miss my cjs never cared about them getting wet.:bawling:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I take my 2 labs with me all the time with the doors and top off and they stay in there no matter what. Now while I'm driving they're in the back cuz I never have my backseat in. But suprisingly I could go into the store or something and they'll stay right in the jeep the whole time..
They stay put when I leave them in the Jeep, but they are just stupid enough to see someone walking on the sidewalk while I'm driving and have to go say 'hi' and fall right out. The black one acually did that when I was driving a golf cart. I used to keep them in the back, but that has turned into my tire carrier, so there is nowhere for them to sit back there.

i liked ur little doggs they were sitting right next to me during the give away meeting they were cute i thought what kind

Uhh.. I think you asked what kind of dogs they are... The black one with the mohawk is poodle and the tan one is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and Poodle mix - basically a mutt. :beer:

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
They stay put when I leave them in the Jeep, but they are just stupid enough to see someone walking on the sidewalk while I'm driving and have to go say 'hi' and fall right out. The black one acually did that when I was driving a golf cart. I used to keep them in the back, but that has turned into my tire carrier, so there is nowhere for them to sit back there.

Uhh.. I think you asked what kind of dogs they are... The black one with the mohawk is poodle and the tan one is a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and Poodle mix - basically a mutt. :beer:

cool they are awesome

my dog is like a black lab and chow mix with a spottted tongue
so its a mutt i guess

shes named after misty on pokemon

i got her a long time ago

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's so f-ing hot and rainy down here in the summer that I'd either be soaked with rain or sweat by the time I got to work every morning. I run top-down and doorless in the wintery months. February gets a little chilly in the AM, but its better than putting the doors back on.

Now that I got the full doors, too, its gonna be tough to find space in the garage this winter for 8 doors. :grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts