JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running a 2" BB without bumpstop extensions and longer shocks?

i have the Full Traction BB and skyjacker 2" shocks and didnt use the bumpstop extensions because i want that extra suspension travel.
last time i had it out, i noticed that the rear springs shifted in the blocks and were rubbing on the trac bar. I checked it at full flex and the springs were still tight. what the hell. i guess with a bounce it would flex more.

anyways, does anyone else have this problem?
fixes?
limit straps?

oh and by the way, if you get the full traction BB and have bumpsteer after, loose that trac-bar bracket.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I didn't install the bump stops on the front, And i agree with you that the extra articulation might be needed. I know that there is no fear of the spring coming out on it's own, Since i had to compress it to remove them while on the lift.

I did use the rear bump stops though, It was simple to install these.

BTW, I have the JK20 2" kit from Skyjacker and the Hydro 7000 shocks.

One problem i encountered was that the rear brake lines were not lining up with the factory mounting location on the lift, So i ordered some Crown Stainless lines to cure any length issues.

Adam

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya those front springs arent going anywhere.
maybe i'll just break down and run those rear extensions.
my rear brake lines are a little tight at full flex too, i was thinking about making a little drop tab for the stock lines.

·
Registered
314 Posts
bumpstop extensions will not solve the problem of the rear spring coming out. You need to either put a additional spacer ontop the spring or run sring retainers. I think currie has some that will work. My rear springs are loose at full droop but do not come out. Just make sure when you don't run bump stop extenders that you do not bottom out the shock itself. I ran the rubicon 2" BB with the twintubes without bump stop extenders with great results. Measured flex with the forklift, 35.5" ground to bottom of tire.

I then added 3" shocks up front with TJ Rubicon coils and 1.5" bumpstop extenders. Now I measure 37.5" graound to bottom of tire. I was going to run the 3" shocks in the rear but the springs would come out so decided to stick with the shocks from the 2" kit.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thats good to hear. some reason i was thinking that the bumpstop extension would limit the flex on the opposite side but now that i think of it i guess it wouldnt really.
i will check my shock travel.
i already made a couple brackets that hold the block to the spring so at least the springs wont shift on the blocks and isolators
thanks for the help!

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
As Ymans said, Currie makes spring retainers for the rear. Also, if anyone is looking into stainless brake lines, the ones Currie sells are actually made by Crown and are a pretty good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts