JKOwners Forum banner

Nitto Mud Grappler

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  venom 
#1 ·
anyone run these? if so what issues have you encountered? What should I expect out of them performance wise?
Reason I ask is I picked up a set of 4 (2 90% 2 70%) 35 17's for $100 :thefinger: But I wonder if I should sipe them now if they suck in the wet, if I have to watch out for the sidewalls or whatever. I would rather take care of issues NOW before they are on the JK.

Ya they look mall cruiser like a MoFo but you can't argue with near free tires to give you an excuse for new rims and to tie you over till you want to get 37's :D

#3 ·
"Mall crawler?" Are we talking about the same nitto mud grapplers as on the silver jeep below?
yes, they LOOK mallish :thefinger: come awn there are snakeskin and little claw things on the side :p

So how well do they work? have you ripped any sidewalls or any issues? Have you had a chance to be in any rain? Cupping or odd wear?

Like I said, I want to know if I should sipe them now or just run them and if there is any issues I should watch out for.

#8 ·
Love mine. No problems so far. Performed very well offroad. What do you care about on road performance anyway? Are you a wuss? :thefinger:

#9 ·
A buddy of mine has them on his 2 door JK. I have heard nothing but good things about them. They arte loud. With the top off, if you close your eyes while traveling at highway speed, you would think you were in a B17!

#10 ·
I like to believe they're growling. They're growling because they're on the freakin' pavement instead of rocks and dirt.

#12 ·
Ya they look mall cruiser like a MoFo but you can't argue with near free tires to give you an excuse for new rims and to tie you over till you want to get 37's :D
Rightly or wrongly, Mud Grapplers have a very "show truck" image. Which is odd as they are most probably as loud as Boggers on the highway and definitely one of the noisiest MT's out there. Maybe that's part of the bro appeal of them.

They do okay in the mud and on rocks, but nothing special in my view. Not very good in sand, but most MT's aren't.

Apart from the noise and wearing a bit quick, they have good on-road manners, and of course they look good :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.