JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Nitro amp for my Infinity system, and also just purchased a used Mygig here on the forum. I am wondering if I install the Nitro amp before the required Mygig reflash, will the Nitro amp performance be affected by the reflash? Thanks.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
What's with people swapping out the amp for a nitro one? Is the nitro amp dirt cheap and that much better?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
What's with people swapping out the amp for a nitro one? Is the nitro amp dirt cheap and that much better?
Chrysler cripples the amp in the JKs to prevent rattles and so on
the Nitro uses the same amp, only uncrippled so the swap nets more power

·
Registered
439 Posts
My understanding is the the dealer needs to reflash it to your specific vehicle. I may not need it however since mine came out of a JK. Any advice on this would be helpful. Thanks.
Sorry I missed this until just now. As far as I know, you do not need to have your Jeep flashed when installing a MyGig. If they'll do it for free, go for it, but I and many others have simply pulled our single or six disc head units and plugged in the MyGig and it's good to go.

Oh and mine came out of a T&C or Ram if I recall correctly. As long as you purchased a highspeed can bus version it'll work. If someone purchased a low speed one, no amount of flashing in the world will make it work. Yours came out of a JK so you should be all set.

And don't you dare consider paying the dealer to install it either. lol It's 8 7mm hex bolts and a couple plugs. Although since you're here, I doubt you would, but for anyone else reading this and considering a swap it's very simple.

·
Registered
900 Posts
are u planning to upgrade the speakers? let us know how the new amp and the mygig sounds.

I have been looking to do this for couple yrs now but i have other things i need to get done first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I missed this until just now. As far as I know, you do not need to have your Jeep flashed when installing a MyGig. If they'll do it for free, go for it, but I and many others have simply pulled our single or six disc head units and plugged in the MyGig and it's good to go.

Oh and mine came out of a T&C or Ram if I recall correctly. As long as you purchased a highspeed can bus version it'll work. If someone purchased a low speed one, no amount of flashing in the world will make it work. Yours came out of a JK so you should be all set.

And don't you dare consider paying the dealer to install it either. lol It's 8 7mm hex bolts and a couple plugs. Although since you're here, I doubt you would, but for anyone else reading this and considering a swap it's very simple.

Thanks a bunch. I am almost finished installing my alarm, and I will drop the Mygig in this week.

No worries on the dealer install. I have installed no less than 30 custom systems in my cars and friends and family cars over the years.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are u planning to upgrade the speakers? let us know how the new amp and the mygig sounds.

I have been looking to do this for couple yrs now but i have other things i need to get done first.
Actually the Infinity speakers sound OK, but just OK. I will see how the amp helps out, and go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Actually the Infinity speakers sound OK, but just OK. I will see how the amp helps out, and go from there. Thanks.
I found the Nitro amp definitely made a difference in bringing up the soundbar speakers. Unfortunately, to my ears they sounded pretty bad at higher volumes after the swap, so I quickly replaced them with better infinity speakers I got from Crutchfield that just happened to be on sale.

Now with better Infinity's up there and the nitro amp I'm pretty happy with them, but find the sub to be the weak link.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the Nitro amp definitely made a difference in bringing up the soundbar speakers. Unfortunately, to my ears they sounded pretty bad at higher volumes after the swap, so I quickly replaced them with better infinity speakers I got from Crutchfield that just happened to be on sale.

Now with better Infinity's up there and the nitro amp I'm pretty happy with them, but find the sub to be the weak link.
Yep. I have been down that path a few times before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts