JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a dealership today and saw several 2014 JKUs with very nice looking leather interiors. Has the interior been updated much over the years? I would love a nice, plush leather interior eventually but I doubt I would pay for it new. Are there any resources for the leather seats that are cheaper than OEM? Like on my Mustang there are a few places that sold the leather skins as take off for like $300 as opposed to $2k from the factory. I installed mine myself fairly easily.

Lets see some pics of the nice interiors you guys have too!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
The substantial interior update happened in 2011. Not too much has changed since then.

As far as cheap leather upgrade seat skins? Haven't seen them.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I think some guy did it on JKForum...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I believe someone did an interior swap, will have to try and dig up the thread.

As far a leather seats you could swap them with a newer year or go with KatZkin.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
The substantial interior update happened in 2011. Not too much has changed since then.

As far as cheap leather upgrade seat skins? Haven't seen them.
Seat design changed for 2013. More stylish and curvy than 2011/12.

·
Registered
276 Posts
A wrangler shouldn't have leather on principle. Air conditioning and heating, fine, but leather is just pussified.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The 2007-2010 interiors are hilariously shitty. Rubbermaid-quality plastics in a lovely shade of gray-ish that can scratch with a fingernail, with every surface that could be touched by an arm or elbow as hard as a rock. It was quite entertaining in the early days of the JK listening to guys defend these horrific interiors by saying things like 'its a Jeep, it doesn't need to not suck inside'. Of course, if it doesn't bother you, then you're golden. To each his own.

But, if you are concerned at all with having a remotely nice interior, go for a 2011+. Otherwise you'd just be guilding a turd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2007 and I put the 2011 sunvisors in, the originals were a joke. I also added some armrests on the door. That drove me crazy as well. Other than that I don't really care, although I would like some good aftermarket seats.

Sean

·
Registered
374 Posts
I went with katskin leather seats the quality is awsome
Ill post pics latter it wont let me right now

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hmm. I wonder how hard it is to swap dashes in these things.
^Can't find the thread but as I said early a guy on JKForum did it.... not sure if got everything working, not sure how the hell I even ran across that thread

·
Registered
916 Posts
In a Fortec4x4 catalog that they were handing out at JeepBeach, they did a story/write-up about swapping out the entire interior dash for a dealership they were working with. From what I recall, basically it's a real PITA since you have to swap out everything including the aluminum frame from behind the dash. It can be done, but it's time consuming.

I can't find the story on their website and I know I don't have the catalog anymore, but maybe someone else can find it and post it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have an 07. It's very spartan inside. Mine doesn't even have a center console. I never really miss not having all the creature comforts though. It's just not something I think about, although I wouldn't mind getting a cupholder insert so my drinks don't fall over. The way I see it, is that I have less to worry about if (when) it gets dirty inside.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone happen to find any of the interior swap thread?
I cant seem to find much on google but id love to know how difficult it would be and mainly how much it would cost to do.
I can save an awful lot of money going with an 07-08 over a 2011-2012 but I do like the newer interior

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My leather seats kick ass. Dust wipes off of them instead of collects IN them and they have butt warmers in them so I can roast while I coast. :)

I see nothing wrong with leather in a Jeep. :beer:
100% agree. I wish I'd have gotten the leather seats when I ordered mine.
The 2012 cloth seats are ugly as fuck, I hate them with a passion and they're a dirt/mud/grease magnet.

I've gotten used to the dash and shit but I still prefer the old JK interior.
It was much easier to keep clean and didn't show dirt as badly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts