JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick share- I did my first plug swap on my 08' Unlimited today, NGK PLZTR5A-13, I bought the vehicle used w/25K on the clock, now at 50K and I believe it was the first time the plugs were changed-what an improvement-everywhere-idol, throttle response etc.. although expensive IMO very worth the coin.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Spark plugs and ignition wires are not due till 99k.
Nobody ever hurt anything over maintaining. I changed every fluid at 1,000 miles!

NGK makes a good plug, only one I really buy actually.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have yet to see a set of platinum plugs go 100,000miles. I've changed them at 60,000miles and they were that shot the car was actually missing under load. I've always run ngk's in my stuff too. My old snowmobile loved the iridium plugs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Even if they would last that long you should still remove them every once in a while. They might say they can last that long but the will seize up in the motor if they sit there too long. I've seen it happen a few times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've also have run NGK's in both of my 01' Ford Lightning and 67' Mustang for over 10 years without one issue-both are right around 500hp to the rear wheels-I've never had one issue, so making the choice for the Jeep was a no brainer, but in all seriousness driving the Jeep around today, huge improvement in drivability.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I ran TR7IX plugs in my '04 Cobra. Regapped and checked for signs of detonation every 5-10k. 630rwhp car. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts