JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prolly tons of these questions around, but gonna ask anyway...

Lease on my current 2015 JKU runs out in about a year. I might have the chance to either buy it, or get a JK of similar age.

I do like the JKU a lot, no question about it, but it is a bit (read: very) bulky, and I seldom have any use for the extra space it provides.

It's also in very good condition, so getting a JK that matches this one will not be easy...

Any thoughts on this one? Should I, or should I not? I'll most likely get an EV for daily driving, so the JK/JKU would be a hobby.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Prolly tons of these questions around, but gonna ask anyway...

Lease on my current 2015 JKU runs out in about a year. I might have the chance to either buy it, or get a JK of similar age.

I do like the JKU a lot, no question about it, but it is a bit (read: very) bulky, and I seldom have any use for the extra space it provides.

It's also in very good condition, so getting a JK that matches this one will not be easy...

Any thoughts on this one? Should I, or should I not? I'll most likely get an EV for daily driving, so the JK/JKU would be a hobby.
If you don't have a need for the storage....2 door with an 8" stretch suspension.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Keep YOUR Jeep! The moment you go smaller you will need the space. Bigger is always better LOL!!!

Every Jeeper I know who sells their Jeep or goes a different direction of Jeep misses their old Jeep.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Jeep Momma, just my 2 cents worth but if yours is in very good condition, I'd just hang on to it. I drove an 88 Wrangler, should have kept it, and used a small utility trailer
Wheel Tire Vehicle Ecoregion Mountain
Plant Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
if I had anything bulky. Worked great and actually I regret having sold it. The JKU is probably my favorite of the 4 jeeps I've owned. Space is like insurance, it's nice to have when it's needed. Do you go into spaces very often where the few inches is that important? Only you can decide that. Below is my 88 rig on my way from Travis AFB Ca to WV when I retired and it served my needs quite well for a long time and in comfort too.

·
Administrator
2,038 Posts
Not many folks are going to invest the money and energy into a stretch.
I prefer the wheelbase of the stock 4dr to that of the stock 2dr. The 4drs are so commonplace that the 2dr is nice to have because it's more unique. It kinda says "hey, I did not compromise".
If you like to pack light, the 2dr is great. Also, it fits anywhere.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm leaning towards a strategy of keeping the soccer mom version and keeping my eyes open for a perfect shorty.

The one I have now is really mint except for the standard leaky roof and rotting hinges.

If a cheap but repairable 2-door pops up, I'll make the swap. The leftover money should be fun to spend on stupidity such as a hemi swap...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts