JKOwners Forum banner

next mod?!?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had myself talked into getting the half doors, but now i'm thinking maybe there is other things that i should be getting instead. what do you guys think? wwjd??? WHAT WOULD JEEPERS DO?? thanks. :beer:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Tough choice. They're all good. If you have 3.21's, I would say gears. If you have 3.73's, you could get by until absolutely necessary. Rugged Ridge half doors will probably be a good investment as you could sell them for the same amount, if not more, than the introductory prices we're seeing. As for wheels and tires, MTR's sound good. I would use the stock wheels and get spacers.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Tough choice. They're all good. If you have 3.21's, I would say gears. If you have 3.73's, you could get by until absolutely necessary. Rugged Ridge half doors will probably be a good investment as you could sell them for the same amount, if not more, than the introductory prices we're seeing. As for wheels and tires, MTR's sound good. I would use the stock wheels and get spacers.
^^^^Same thoughts here. If you have the 3.73's, are you running a Superchip Flashpaq?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the 3.73's and have just been running them with an aev procal. it's not terrible by any means, i'm used to the mini van motor, it's just a mod that i HAVE to do before moab next year. i'm not going to drive another 1200 miles one way with stock gears again. :pissed:. i already have the stock wheels with wheel spacers as well. the wife just hates them at this point and is wanting something new, but she wants "gangsta" looking wheels. i.e. xd series, not my cup of tea. so the debate goes on. :beer:

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Why are the MT/Rs on there? Looks like you already have them.

I say gears. Then, save for the wheels... beadlocks. You'll thank me for it. :)

Check out the Raceline RT233. These babies are sweet! There are some deals on them now, too (buy 3 get one free). That's a great deal considering they're $400/each!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the mtr's are on there cuz i need a new set. my tires are balding, have put aalllooott of miles on those bad boys. :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts