JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ... Just got first Jeep ... 2009 Wrangler X .....

I see people driving around with their soft top installed but the side and rear windows removed. Is it OK to drive around like this ??? Or are these special aftermarket tops that do that?

Thanks... Dan

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts

I see people driving around with their soft top installed but the side and rear windows removed. Is it OK to drive around like this ??? Or are these special aftermarket tops that do that?

Thanks... Dan
Hell yeah it is! Zip them out and enjoy your jeep bro! Then take the doors off and put the top down and find out that the only way you will ever want to drive it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool .. Thanks for the quick Reply ...

My 9 year old is very anxious to drop the top and doors and go for a ride ... :D

·
Registered
3,887 Posts

Thanks... Dan
They call it "Safari mode". My wife drives her's like that all the time. That is her preferred way of running (TX sun gets really hot beaming down on you all the time). No problems at all running like that.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yeah its ok, thats what its made for, thats how I normally ride, to keep the sun off me....

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
hey I am probably one of the JK's you have seen like that. I really hate putting the top down and getting killed by the sun so I normally do the windows off, upper half doors off. Had Jeeps for almost 2 years now and maybe put the top down 10 times... maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts