JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to research this all myself. Now I need some expert opinoins. Looking to buy 13 or 14 4dr.JK Slight lift..2.5 or3" max. 35" tires. I know its about money. Do I buy sport, sahara, and change gearing..cost I have gotten for Yukon gears setup in 4:56 is 2m. installed. or do I look for a rubi with 4:10 and be ok. DD slight trails no rocks. live in IL. thinking of the AEV lift cause it seems most say it rides the best on road. I would change suspension on rubi so I think it has a better all around drive train, transfer case, axles ect. Is that need if I am not a serious crawler?:thankyou:

·
Registered
997 Posts
It is multi-faceted.

I see the Rubi as two fold. Perfect if you are going to keep it stock. Plenty capable out of the box. Also great if you plan on minor mods (think no bigger than 35’s, lift) and think you will do “some” rocks as it comes with D44’s, lockers, 4:1 t-case etc…For what you describe you won’t necessarily need the lockers, D44’s, t-case and stuff. A Sport S will be great and save you some coin. Make sure to opt for the 3.73 (although I think standard on Sport S). With the money you save you can get the lift and tires you want. Probably even afford bumpers and a winch.

3.73 and a superchips might be ok for 35's. Personally I would go 4.56 too but for what you describe you may not need that deep gearing.

A guy that is going to tear it down and go tons, 42’s etc…A Rubi is a waste…Also a guy that never engages the lockers or disconnects the sway bar, the Rubi is a waste.

-Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts