JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I don't even have the Jeep yet. I'm in the military and I'm scheduled to to pick it up in late August after my current deployment. I will be getting a 09 JK Sahara and I will eventually get new wheels (I'm thinking Mamba M1's), tires (currently undecided) and likely a 2" Budget Boost Lift. This will be my daily driver and I don't see myself wheeling every weekend. As it looks right now, four weeks after I pick the Jeep up in Ohio, I'm due to go on some additional training in Florida. Should I drive it stock for a while to break it in or should I mod it before I leave for Florida? Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I would definitely leave it stock for a while, and research tire and lift options. I have never seen any reviews of those tires mentioned, but with so many choices out there, I think it is best to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible before throwing out the money. Many people wish that they had done more research, before purchasing upgrades.

Thanks for your service, and welcome to JKO. :usa:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Go ahead and lift it, there is no need to break it in first. If you can't research enough between now and August to figure out what you want, waiting another month or two isn't going to help ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of what I was thinking. I have plenty of research time before I pick the Jeep up in August. I think I will have a good idea what I want to get for my setup by then. The specific question was more intended to be...should I break in the vehicle in stock configuration or is a lift, tires and wheels ok from the beginning? I've heard you need to break in the engine prior to takig on any mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts