JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning to bolt this in the tub of my jeep where the rear seat is... no purpose cept for aesthetic but I think it might be a little weak to handle a ~65lb tire while wheeling... what yall think?

Disclaimer: Not an engineering major, 2nd day messing around with autocad.

Edit: Couldn't figure out how to get the dimension of the cylinder ontop but it's 4.5 so the wheel sits across the board

In the tub of this:

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
now the question is, what is under the tub where you have the holes to mount it? anything in the way to drill through and support it?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nada, only thing on the topside are the ridges that won't make it stable but I figure I could sand that down. I was afraid I'd have no room to work underneath but last I saw the area was clear from anything too

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Nada, only thing on the topside are the ridges that won't make it stable but I figure I could sand that down. I was afraid I'd have no room to work underneath but last I saw the area was clear from anything too
Cool, now get it made :beer:

you talking about the sound deadener? If so you can easily chip that off with a wood chisel and hammer. I think it will be fine on though, if one half of the mount is on it and the other off just put some washers under the one that isnt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts