JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mitchell,

Looking for set up like the picture of yours below except I would like it to be full width (I want it to follow the lines of the flairs). I would also like it the spare tire lower, almost like stock. Don't need the gas can but I do like the hi lift mount. Let me know what something like that would cost. You can either post or PM me. I'll give you a call monday when I land in AZ. Mahalo and I look forward to hearing from you. Excited that I might be able to cancel my damn PJ order!!!:pissed:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Bulldogfab/Jeep/100_1745.jpg
No problem, I'll send you a PM with the details.

· Registered
169 Posts
Mitchell,

Have you put any thought into how Expedition One does their rear tire carrier? They have it (T/C) mounted on the rear bumper but they attach it to the rear door so you only have to open the rear door to swing the tire out of the way (like how it works stock)...I really like that part, plus the fact that it works with the stock trailer hitch and seems to follow the stock body lines.

And one thats full width as well...

· Registered
679 Posts
Mitchell,

Hey, great looking products. And your turn around time sounds terrific (especially compared to some other vendors).

Question: can you put an integrated class 2 trailer hitch in the stubby rear bumper?

Thanks,

Ty...

p.s. Is that a Frenchy in your avatar picture? The ears look too "upright" to be an English. I currently have a male English bully.

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mitchell,

Have you put any thought into how Expedition One does their rear tire carrier? They have it (T/C) mounted on the rear bumper but they attach it to the rear door so you only have to open the rear door to swing the tire out of the way (like how it works stock)...I really like that part, plus the fact that it works with the stock trailer hitch and seems to follow the stock body lines.

And one thats full width as well...
I did make one with a armature last year but haven't done another since, if that's what you're looking for let me know.

Mitchell,

Hey, great looking products. And your turn around time sounds terrific (especially compared to some other vendors).

Question: can you put an integrated class 2 trailer hitch in the stubby rear bumper?

Thanks,

Ty...

p.s. Is that a Frenchy in your avatar picture? The ears look too "upright" to be an English. I currently have a male English bully.

Ty,

Thanks, I can do just about anything. :D The receiver would add about $25 to the cost.

Good eye on the Avatar. We now have two of the hard headed lil' bastards, they are great dogs and very loyal. I had an English growing up, I love my chubby dogs.

Mitchell...

· Registered
169 Posts
I did make one with a armature last year but haven't done another since, if that's what you're looking for let me know.

Mitchell...
You don't have pics of it by any chance do you? I hate to be really anal about this, but for me it has to be cosmetically appealing as well.

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You don't have pics of it by any chance do you? I hate to be really anal about this, but for me it has to be cosmetically appealing as well.
JD,

I do have some photos, they're not really good ones. If I was to build you one it would be the stubby and T/C you see in this thread with the arm, now the pics I'm going to post are the prototype unit. The new one would have a shorter armature.

· Registered
169 Posts
Thanks Mitchell. No chance you can do a full width bumper. I don't need stubby bumpers on my rig..I don't have the same playgrounds as the guys out west.

· Registered
11 Posts
Mitchell, your stuff looks great. I'm looking to finally get a new bumper after a year of riding around with that plastic disaster...

I'm looking for a really simple stubby, low profile, no winch mount, no hoop, no fog holes. Do you do completely custom stuff? Can I post a drawing, and you can say if it's feasible, and a price estimate?

Once again, nice work man.

-Jay

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mitchell, your stuff looks great. I'm looking to finally get a new bumper after a year of riding around with that plastic disaster...

I'm looking for a really simple stubby, low profile, no winch mount, no hoop, no fog holes. Do you do completely custom stuff? Can I post a drawing, and you can say if it's feasible, and a price estimate?

Once again, nice work man.

-Jay
Jay,

Shoot it over, I do one off stuff everyday. ;)

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I thought I'd throw up a shot of a rear bumper and T/C I just finished for one of our armed service guys. We did a rear winch set-up and waterjetted some lettering for him, also, this rig is able to carry two spare tires for those desert trips he does alone.

The second spare removes in just seconds and I'm going to be offering baskets, cooler racks, etc. to mount just like his second tire does.

Let me know what you think.

Mitchell... :beer:

· Registered
17 Posts
I was going to go with the ARB front and LOD rear bumper until I took a trip down to Tucson and got a look at the Bulldog Fab stuff in person. The quality is amazing and his bumpers are super heavy duty. Above and beyond the protection for rock crawling, if I am ever in an accident I want his bumpers protecting my family and I... so the front stinger and rear stubby 2/ tire carrier are my next 2 major things I am purchasing, I'm just saving up for them! If work hadn't cut ALL overtime I would have them by now :pissed:

· Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hey guys, thought I'd share a couple photos of a simple, basic, one off stubby I built for a forum member. If you're on the fence about a bumper and don't see exactly what you want, send me a drawing just like Jay did and we'll get it made up for ya.

· Registered
11 Posts
Looks great, and I can't wait to see it in person and get it on my Jeep. It's really cool to be able to have something made just to your specification, and having something custom made like this is a really nice option when the stuff out there just isn't doing it for you.

For anyone curious, this bumper looks almost identical to the drawing I sent him.

Thanks a lot Mitch.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.