JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I thought I'd come on and formally introduce myself, my name is Mitchell and I own Bulldog Fab in Tucson, AZ. I paid for my vendors star several months ago and thought it was about time to start using it and offering my products to everyone over here. My website is in the process of being built, (I held out for as long as I could without one.) so in the mean time I'm available here on the site, through email, and as always by phone.

[email protected]

(520) 907- 6365

I'll start a couple different threads with the couple of products I'm offering at this time, so I guess this one will be for the front stubby that I offer.

The basic front stubby is made from 3/16" cold roll steel, cut on a Waterjet and fully welded. It comes standard with the 4" recessed winch mount and the two "D" ring shackle mounts are 1" thick and welded from the front and rear. All bumpers come with a spray on bed-liner coating standard, powder coating is available at an extra charge.

I also offer hoops, stingers, skidplates...
Hoops can be made to the customers specs (Tall, medium, short.) and skidplates can be wide, narrow, with or without factory fog holes. It's all about what you want.

Here's a couple shots of some different styles.

This one has a tall hoop with the foglights in the skidplate (narrow) placed close together.

This one (bad angle) has a medium height hoop and the skidplate (wide) has the fogs at factory distance apart. As you can tell this guy (Beenkop) and his wife are not afraid to bash it into stuff. ;)

The one in the photo has the short hoop with a skidplate that is removable and no fog lights.

Last but not least is the Stinger with no skidplate.

If you have any questions please feel free to post, PM, email, or give me a shout on the horn.

[email protected]

(520) 907- 6365

Thanks for looking, Mitchell...

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

I'm going to start a thread for the rear and T/C but here's a sneak peek, the one with the T/C doesn't need the cove in the bumper and doesn't come like that unless you want it that way.

There's a Hi-Lift in there also, it's just hard to see since it's black. (behind tire)

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Website is under construction (Bulldog-fab.com) and is coming soon.

The front stubby is $399, a hoop/ stinger adds $75 and a skidplate runs $125 no charge for factory fog mounts.

If you have any questions just shoot 'um over.

Thanks, Mitchell...

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rear stubby is $529 and the T/C is $469. The picture I have of the T/C is the prototype, I haven't taken any photos of the production unit yet.

A little background, most (not all) of the T/C I've seen on the market use a 1000lb trailer spindle. (Single shear) I'm using a double shear 20,000lb bearing unit. So it'll hold up to whatever we throw at it.

I'll have some photos up soon.

Thanks, Mitchell...

·
Registered
71 Posts
The rear stubby is $529 and the T/C is $469. The picture I have of the T/C is the prototype, I haven't taken any photos of the production unit yet.

A little background, most (not all) of the T/C I've seen on the market use a 1000lb trailer spindle. (Single shear) I'm using a double shear 20,000lb bearing unit. So it'll hold up to whatever we throw at it.

I'll have some photos up soon.

Thanks, Mitchell...
Do those prices include powder coat? If not, can you say how much extra it is?

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I use Duplicolor bedliner coating, I also try and talk any who wheels their rig to stay away from Powder-coating just for the fact that if you scratch PC all you can do is touch it up the paint or have it stripped and redone. With the Duplicolor if you scratch it all you do is hit it with some sand paper to take off the rough edges and respray that part and it looks like new.

Now if you still would like to go the PC route I can get an updated quote, the last time I checked for just a bumper it was about $60 - $80.

Thanks, Mitchell...

·
Registered
71 Posts

I use Duplicolor bedliner coating, I also try and talk any who wheels their rig to stay away from Powder-coating just for the fact that if you scratch PC all you can do is touch it up the paint or have it stripped and redone. With the Duplicolor if you scratch it all you do is hit it with some sand paper to take off the rough edges and respray that part and it looks like new.

Now if you still would like to go the PC route I can get an updated quote, the last time I checked for just a bumper it was about $60 - $80.

Thanks, Mitchell...
Nope, that makes sense to me. My PJ sliders came with powder coat and my quick touch up job doesn't quite match. Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
883 Posts
WOW...Great looking work! Actually considered a stubby front bumper from shockworks but the ones you look pretty good. What is the wait time for your product? (the main reason i didn't go with shockworks) Looking for a full rear bumper with a T/C. Currently have a PJ rear bumper on order but they can't seem to figure when they will ship it, much less build it. I am getting pretty impatient and looking for alternate products. Also, live in Hawaii so I am hoping that shipping won't cost as much as the bumper:pissed: I'll be in the Phoenix area next week....is your shop close by?

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW...Great looking work! Actually considered a stubby front bumper from shockworks but the ones you look pretty good. What is the wait time for your product? (the main reason i didn't go with shockworks) Looking for a full rear bumper with a T/C. Currently have a PJ rear bumper on order but they can't seem to figure when they will ship it, much less build it. I am getting pretty impatient and looking for alternate products. Also, live in Hawaii so I am hoping that shipping won't cost as much as the bumper:pissed: I'll be in the Phoenix area next week....is your shop close by?
RR,

Thanks, I have s few front stubbies on hand at all times. If you want a hoop/ stinger, skidplate it just takes an afternoon to get it together and shipped out. So lead time is 24hrs at most.

Unfortunately coming to Tucson would burn a whole day for you. As far as shipping goes a basic stubby would run about $125, which isn't to bad for crossing all that water.

My rear stubby is pretty popular, but I could make it in a wider verson for ya, the lead time on something like that would run 3-4 days and you could have some input on the design.

Thanks again, Mitchell..

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I'm using Trail Ready beadlock 17x9 with zero offset. I haven't put them on yet so I don't have any photos of them on, here's a pic of them on the loaner wheels (soft 8's) while I'm waiting on them to be Powder Coated.

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
Thanks, I'm using Trail Ready beadlock 17x9 with zero offset. I haven't put them on yet so I don't have any photos of them on, here's a pic of them on the loaner wheels (soft 8's) while I'm waiting on them to be Powder Coated.

Very nice. With 0 offset, that means you have 4.5" backspace, right?

I dont mean to hijack your bumper thread, but what size are those soft 8s? Any spacer?

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice. With 0 offset, that means you have 4.5" backspace, right?

I dont mean to hijack your bumper thread, but what size are those soft 8s? Any spacer?
Yea sorry, 9" wide zero offset is 4.5" BS.
No worries, the soft 8's are the same size. I had to use spacers because the Nitto MG's are 13.5 wide and have some big sidewall lugs, the tires were just touching the long arms on my RE kit.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks MG,

Here's a peek at a custom piece that I'm working on for one of the local guys. He's getting my first rear winch set-up and we cut out some lettering that he wanted. It'll also get a Tire Carrier with a little twist, he'll be able to carry two spare tires for those desert trips he does on his own.

·
Registered
883 Posts
RR,

Thanks, I have s few front stubbies on hand at all times. If you want a hoop/ stinger, skidplate it just takes an afternoon to get it together and shipped out. So lead time is 24hrs at most.

Unfortunately coming to Tucson would burn a whole day for you. As far as shipping goes a basic stubby would run about $125, which isn't to bad for crossing all that water.

My rear stubby is pretty popular, but I could make it in a wider verson for ya, the lead time on something like that would run 3-4 days and you could have some input on the design.

Thanks again, Mitchell..
Mitchell,

Looking for set up like the picture of yours below except I would like it to be full width (I want it to follow the lines of the flairs). I would also like it the spare tire lower, almost like stock. Don't need the gas can but I do like the hi lift mount. Let me know what something like that would cost. You can either post or PM me. I'll give you a call monday when I land in AZ. Mahalo and I look forward to hearing from you. Excited that I might be able to cancel my damn PJ order!!!:pissed:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Bulldogfab/Jeep/100_1745.jpg

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.