Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
That's nice. What's a vortex hider?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Gee, I got someting close to that free of charge, but after seeing your picture, now I'm having flashbacks..:bawling:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
What is your guys recommendation for a good AR manufacturer? I'm looking for a long barrel that I can coyote hunt with. The longest shot would probably be around 300 yards.

BTW, nice pickup Venom.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
What is your guys recommendation for a good AR manufacturer? I'm looking for a long barrel that I can coyote hunt with. The longest shot would probably be around 300 yards.

BTW, nice pickup Venom.
I have had a couple over the years. There are some very nice ones out there. Of the ones I have had, my Olympic Arms was my favorite.

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Like you said, for Coyote hunting just look for a longer barrel is good for long shots. I doubt you would need anything longer then 20" but personally I wouldn't think you would need even that long of a barrel with these rounds.

Of course, if you wanted to make it fun and you where a real man you would use of these AR-15's :D

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
NO prob! We should talk guns a bit next time we get together. As far as wheelin goes, I am always down. If the weather holds out it looks like I will be out in the abandoned Target parking lot finaly putting this stupid locker in that I keep putting off, lol. So I think it will mean I will be heading out somewhere Sunday :D I am broke right now so I don't have much gas money. May have to wait till next weekend. Let me know if your down!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I like the quality of Bushmaster and Rock River, I'd go with a 20" or 24" barrel for shots out to 300 yds.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I like the quality of Bushmaster and Rock River, I'd go with a 20" or 24" barrel for shots out to 300 yds.
i'm with phil. shooting at a coyote at 300yds is a fairly tough shot, even if they aren't moving.
i'd get a nice .22-250, or the one that recently became my varmit/small game favorite - a .223 WSSM. either way, i'd go with a 22-24" barrel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice looking AR! Wish I could buy one. Another reason California sucks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I shoot a bushmaster A3 M4, but i'm also partial to DPMS and Rock River. Pick a good Mil-Spec rifle and you'll be ok. I'd also suggest a flat top if you want to stretch out your shooting. You might be surprised at what will shoot well at 300, 400, 500 yards if you're willing to put in the practice. for coyotes I use A Remington 700 PSS in .308 and 172 grain win match BT bullets. It works for me to 600 yards and with more practice i'm hoping to stretch my range to 700 this year. one last thing find the best scope you can afford and than by the next better one. In Glass you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
6 Posts

BTW, nice pickup Venom.
Remington makes this coyote gun

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts