JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if all goes well with my trade in Monday. I'll be rolling off the lot with a 2007 Rubicon with quite a few add on's and ONLY 4056 miles.......I did a carfax and it looks legit plus the dealer is one of the larger dealerships in the Baton Rouge area.

This will be my first Jeep so had a few questions. It a 6-speed with the electric lockers and disconnects. I didn't mess with them yesterday on the test drive because I didn't wana F anything up. I'd assume the vehicle just has to be stopped click both buttons to engage the locker and disconnect the swaybars? right? Do any of you guys have issues with the electronics on these things?

Next it has the half doors w/ soft top. I really wanted a hard top but this is a GREAT deal and don't wana pass it up. Is it tough to convert to the four hard doors? and hard top?

That's about all for now, TILL, i get the thing home and start more online shopping and lurking around on here and a few other forums. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Congrats! Your Swaybar disco will work in 4hi or 4lo at speeds up to 30-something mph(I think... someone here knows for sure) and your lockers will lock in 4lo up to 19 mph. You don't have to be stopped to do these things. And you're lucky to get the half doors... someone may even trade you a hard top and full doors for them. Welcome to JKO!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats! Do you not like the half doors? What color is your jeep?.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.....I test drove it yesterday but didn't mess with anything electric in fear of doing something wrong and looking like a total Dumb A$$ with the sales rep. So will definitely check those out and hopefully I will be taking it home tomorrow to spend a day with it then get it to the local Chrysler Dealer to have a complete inspection of the vehicle JIC. Has only 4K miles was a 3rd vehicle in a married couple over the age of 40. GUY DID IT RIGHT TOO!!!

As for the half doors and soft top, it's growing on me. I just liked the look of the full doors and the top off all together. Almost looks miltary style vehicle. It's all Black. Interior is flawless. It has the regular fender flares not the sahara style painted ones. Will post pics tomorrow hopefully

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.....I test drove it yesterday but didn't mess with anything electric in fear of doing something wrong and looking like a total Dumb A$$ with the sales rep. So will definitely check those out and hopefully I will be taking it home tomorrow to spend a day with it then get it to the local Chrysler Dealer to have a complete inspection of the vehicle JIC. Has only 4K miles was a 3rd vehicle in a married couple over the age of 40. GUY DID IT RIGHT TOO!!!

As for the half doors and soft top, it's growing on me. I just liked the look of the full doors and the top off all together. Almost looks miltary style vehicle. It's all Black. Interior is flawless. It has the regular fender flares not the sahara style painted ones. Will post pics tomorrow hopefully

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
unless you over ride your computer your lockers and sway bar disconnect will only work in 4 low. You do not have to stop to shift into 4 high but highly recommend stopping to shift into 4 low. Also, if you ever stall it on a hill while in 4 low, you do not need to push in the clutch to start it. Just turn the key. Welcome and congrats on the jeep.

·
Registered
24 Posts
congrats
That's where i got my 08 Rubicon just over a year ago...
I think his name was Brian I dont' have his card in front of me. But, he went out of his way to make it as painless as possible...
Good luck:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts